Chapter 6

"Will you go on a date with me?" Aj asked, hoping for a yes. Anna's eyes went wide and Aj thought she had overstepped. "I know we haven't known..." Anna cut her off.

"I would love to." Anna smiled and Aj returned it. Before Aj could say more, they heard a whistle and focused their attention on Alex who was now standing on a chair. 

"YO!" He yelled and everyone's attention was on him. "So, Emma just asked me if we could sing a song and since it has been a while, I agreed. It is a song you all know because we have sung it before, so please sing along. I need Aj, Eric and Emily to come help me." 

Aj stood up and put her hand out for Anna to take as they made their way to the campfire. Around the campfire there were placed two logs, a blanket and chairs. Anna placed herself on one log along with the rest of the girls. Aj sat on the blanket next to Emma with Emily as Eric and Alex took a chair on each side of them. Alex had run to the house to pick up two guitars and handed one to Aj. 

"Are you ready?" Alex asked. They all nodded. Alex and Aj started playing the melody to 'This is our song' from Camp Rock 2. Emma loved that song.
So let's sing na, na na na na, hey ya
C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song

Aj and Alex sang the first part and speeded the melody up on the guitars as Emily and Eric took over the singing. Aj's eyes connected with Anna's and the smile on their faces did not hold back. Anna was impressed that Aj could not only play the guitar but also sing.

Come grab your guitar
Sit by the fire
Cause we all need a song
When we're weary and tired
We'll sit here
Together
And sing it out loud

The four friends ended the verse on a high note, before going to the chorus. Meanwhile Will and Carson had stood up on their chairs, ready to lead the group with claps. As they began, everyone joined in. The girls all jumped, surprised that everyone sang along.

This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
And this is our song
This is our song x 3
C'mon and sing na, na na na na, hey ya x 4
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song
That's all that matters cause
We all belong right here together
There's nothin' better
Than singing along
This is our summer
This is our song
This is our song
This is our song
This is our song

Emma was the first to start the cheers after they ended the song, everyone cheered along with her.

"One more please!" Emma begged. The group shrugged, not minding singing another one.
"Which one would you like Em?" Aj asked her. Emma took her hand to her chin, making a thinking face that made everyone chuckle. You could see when the song came to her. 

"The one daddy sings." She smiled. "Take me home." 

"Uncle Ben, you're up!" Aj said loudly to Ben who was standing in the back. Ben shrugged, thinking why not. He went and took the guitar from Aj and took a seat in the chair Eric had been sitting in. Before they could begin, Junior came running and sat down beside Emily and Aj.
"I am ready!" He said, making everyone laugh. '

"You heard the man, let's go." Ben said as Alex and him started playing the melody of take me home, country roads.
Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze
Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, country roads
(......)
Ben sang the verses as Aj, Emily and Alex sang the choruses with him. Emma cheered as much as the first time. They played a few more songs and then people started to say goodbye and go home. 

The teenagers still sat at the campfire. Eric had been looking at his phone for a while.
"Marcus is having a party tonight." He said. "You want to go?" He asked the group. 

"YES! LET'S..." Carson started but got the adults attention. "Party." She whispered. The whole group laughed. 

"I'm in." Will said, he never said no to a good party and Marcus was famous for throwing great parties. The rest of the locals nodded indicating that they were in too. 

"You want to come with us?" Emily asked the girls.
"I'm in, that sounds fun." Ag said, always up for a party.
"Me too." Soph and Avery said simultaneously. "Will there be drinks and stuff?" Avery asked quietly as she looked at the adults to make sure they did not hear her.
"Probably, there usually is at Marcus' parties." Eric answered. "But you don't have to drink if you don't want to." 

"How about you Emmi and Anna?" Aj asked. They looked at each other and shrugged.
"Why not?" Emmi said. "We just don't drink." 

"You don't have to. Emily and Lauren don't drink either." Aj answered. 

The group got up, said goodbye to the last people present and the twins told their father where they were going.