Chapter 19

The drive to the abandoned building didn't take long. As soon as they got there, the shooting began. David and Ben managed to get around the bad guys and into the building.

A man came walking into the hallway at the sametime David and Ben did and pointed a gun towards them. 

"HPD! Drop the gun!" David yelled. A shot sounded and the man fell to the ground. David and Ben looked at each other, they didn't shoot. 

"Dad?!" a familiar voice sounded. 

David and Ben stood up from behind the doorway as Aj came in site to them as well as the group back at the police station. She had a gun in her hand, indicating that she was the one who shotthe man. Adam and the kids all let out a breath they did not know they had been holding. 

"Aj!" David yelled and rushed to his daughter. Aj dropped the gun as he embraced her in a big hug. "Are you okay?!" 

"I'm okay dad." Aj said as her dad let go and she gave Ben a hug. "Is Anna okay? Did you find her?" 

Anna's heart skipped a beat as she heard Aj ask about her and saw the look on her face. Aj got kidnapped and was still more worried about her. Her feelings for Aj were going crazy; they had barely had their first date and she still meant more to her then she wanted to admit at this stage. 

"She's fine honey, we got her." Ben said as David gave her an earpiece. "They are all at the station with Adam." Aj put the earpiece in and her brother's voice filled her eye. 

"Damn sis, don't scare us like that." Alex chuckled. Aj could hear other voices in the background.
"Sorry about that." Aj chuckled. "Anna?" Aj asked, dying to hear her voice. 

"I'm here." Anna's voice sounded through the eyepiece. Aj closed her eyes and smiled. As Aj opened her mouth to answer, gunshots filled the hallway. 

"Give me a gun!" Aj yelled over the gunshots as they hid in doorways. David's bodycam was focused on Aj and Ben's was focused on David. 

"I'm not giving you a weapon!" David yelled. 

"I don't think this is the time to argue about it!" Aj answered. "Come on dad, I can help!" David paused to a split second and slid a gun across the floor toAj. She took the gun in a swift motion and started shooting as David and Ben did. 

"How are you holding up Jim?!" Ben asked in the eyepiece.
"We're still taking fire; you need to find another way out!" Jim answered. 

"You don't happen to know a way out Aj?" David asked Aj as the last guy dropped to the ground. 

"They didn't exactly give me a tour of the place." Aj answered. "But when the shooting began, they mentioned something about a tunnel, but I don't think..."David caught her off. 

"Adam, do you see a tunnel on the blueprints?" David asked. Adam started looking at the prints with help from the kids and found one.

"Yes, in the southwest corner of the building there looks to be a basement. Chances are that it starts there." Adam said in the eyepiece. 

"Good, let's go." David said and started moving down the hallway, still with caution. 

"Am I the only who thinks this is a stupid idea?" Ben asked. A no was heard from Aj, Malia and Jim. "Glad it's not just me." 

"Do you have any better ideas?" David asked Ben. 

"Anything is better than following the bad guys." Ben hissed at David, not happy with the idea.

They came to the door there should lead to the basement. David opened it with caution but was met by 10-15 bad guys. There were a few seconds silence before the shooting began. The three quickly hid to be out theline of fire.

"I'm out!" Aj yelled and dropped the gun. Ben and David kept shooting. 

"Adam! We need a way out!" Ben yelled over the noise. "I told you that following the bad guys was a bad idea!" Adam looked over the blueprints again, desperate to find a way out for his team. 

"Aj, two doors down. There should be a hatch that could lead to the basement."Adam explained in the eyepiece. Aj moved along the wall to protect herself from the bullets. She found the door, but it was locked.

"It's locked." Aj said and she took a hairpin out of her hair and started picking the lock.
"Any time now would be great honey!" David yelled. 

"I got it!" Aj yelled as she got the door opened. Suddenly, the shooting stopped. Ben and David stood up from their hiding spots. 

"They were in a hurry." Ben said as him and David walked to Aj.
"I can understand why..." Aj said when the two men got to her. "Shit." David said as he walked closer. Adam and the kids could now see what it was. 

"Is that a bomb?" Eric asked as the other gasped. 

"A bomb?!" Malia asked while still occupied with the bad guys at the front of the compound.

"Yep. Well at least it's not..." David started, but was stopped by a beeping sound and the timer started counting down from 2 minutes. Outside the men stopped shooting and ran to their cars and ran away as they knew something was going to happen. 

"You just had to say it!" Ben yelled. 

"The front is clear, get out of there!" Jim yelled as the three started to runout. 

Ben took the lead then Aj and then David. The bodycams showed Adam and the others how they ran for their lives. Malia and Jim's cams caught them running out of the building, getting 20 feet away before it exploded. 

It gave out a huge blast and then it went quiet.