Chapter 7

Marcus's house was just three blocks away, so they all walked there. As they got closer, they could hear the music blasting. They walked into the house and were met by Marcus.

"Hey guys!" He yelled over the music.
"Hey M! Good to see you." Eric said. "We brought some friends." Eric pointed at the girls. Marcus looked at them and smiled.

"Great! Good to meet you girls. Make yourselves at home." Marcus said, getting ready to leave before Eric stood him. He whispered something in his ear, Marcus nodded and said I got it. The locals knew what that meant, but the girls did not. 

"What was that about?" Avery asked Aj, who were standing next to her.
"Eric just asked him to spread the word that you are here with us and that means people should not mess with you." Aj smiled, letting the girls know that they had their back.
"Are there here someone who would do that?" Soph asked putting her arm over Avery's shoulder. 

"Derrick, Stacey and their slang are probably here, so we won't take any chances." Aj shrugged. "But don't worry, the rest are on our side and they got your back." The girls nodded, happy to know they could count on the locals if something should happen.

The party went smoothly so far. Aj and Anna sat on the porch getting to know each other better. The same did Emily and Ag; and the rest were mingling in the backyard and the house. 

"Leave me alone!" a voice yelled. Anna perked up; she knew that voice better then most. It was Emmi. The four friends ran to the pool area, but Eric beat them to it. He had walked to the house to get a water for Emmi, she hadn't been alone for more then 5 minutes. 

"Come on baby, I know you want me." Simon said grabbing Emmi by her arm.
"Hey!" Eric yelled. "Leave her the fuck alone." Eric pushed him off making him fall. He was almost as drunk as you can get. Anna rushed to Emmi to make sure she was okay.
"Are you okay Em?"
"I'm fine." Emmi said with a shaky voice. It was clear that she wasn't completely okay.

Derrick and Chris had gotten Simon to his feet, both of them clearly drunk as well.
"We just want to have a bit of fun with her." Simon said. "Don't we guys?" Chris didn't say anything, but Derrick being Derrick couldn't hold his tung. 

"Yeah." He slurred. "We can show you a good time." He looked at both Emmi and Anna and smirked. "In every way you can think of." 

Eric, Aj, Emily and Ag stood in front of Emmi and Anna, they were all ready for a fight. All wishing that Derrick or Simon started something, so they had more excuse to hit them; not that they need an excuse at this point.
"We've been over this once already. They do not want anything to do with you." Eric hissed; he was mad as hell.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Derrick asked with a smirk. "I can do what I want with them." Eric or anyone else for that matter, didn't get to say anything before Marcus stepped in between them and Derrick and Simon. 

"This is what we are going to do..." Marcus started. Anna and Emmi looked around and saw most of the party surrounding them facing Derrick and Simon, even Chris had moved away from them. 

"WE..." Marcus gestured to all the locals and the girls. "Are going to make sure that you don't bother any of these girls again." People cheered in agreement.
"And how are you going to make sure of that?" Simon asked. 

"Because if I or anyone else ever see you behave like this again, I'm going to make sure you land in jail for harassment." Marcus said seriously. 

"You can't do that." Simon started. "We didn't do anything like that."
"You just touched Emmi without her permission; and you have been talking crap to these girls since they landed on the island." Marcus said. 

"You have no proof of that." Derrick said.
"Are you stupid?" Eric said. "Look around you. You have a whole backyard of witnesses."
"You can't prove anything." Simon said. "It will be your word against ours." Simon added. He wasn't sure about any of what he had just said, and everyone could tell. 

"Our word..." Marcus started. "Let's see... Our word will be the words of kids of some of the most powerful people on this island. Jessica's dad is the commissioner, Lauren is the governor's niece, and my parents are two of the best lawyers on the island." Marcus chuckled before continuing. "And that is all before I mention the twins' father." Marcus pointed at Aj and Alex. "I didn't think you have any idea the reach their father has." 

"My father is a lawyer too; he will make this go away." Simon said. Marcus just laughed. He clearly hadn't listened to anything he had said.
"Well, if you're so sure that is what going to happen, then let's just call the cops." Marcus said pulling out his phone. 

"Don't bother." Aj said as she pulled her phone out. "I'll just call my dad."
"No wait." Derrick and Simon both said. 

"Marcus, chill out." Stacy butted in. "They were just kidding around." Stacy stepped up to Marcus and out her hand on his arm; but he removed it as soon as she put it there. 

"No they weren't, and you know that." Marcus hissed. He was getting mad now. He stepped around Stacy and grabbed Simon and Derrick by their shirts. They tried to get out of his hold, but with the amount of alcohol in their system, they couldn't. 

"As I said, if we ever see any of you act like this again, you will regret it!" Marcus hissed. "Am I clear?!" An almost silenced yes came from both of them.
"Good. Now get the fuck of my property." Marcus said and let go of them. They practically ran out of there, the same did Stacy. Marcus turned to everyone else.

"And anyone else who thinks this behavior is okay, can get the fuck out of here too!" Marcus yelled. Only a few people left; some from Stacy's cheerleading team, and a few from the football team who for some odd reason liked Derrick. 

"Now that the idiots have left... LET'S PARTY!" Marcus cheered. People spread out again to continue the party. Marcus stayed with the group to make sure they were okay.
"Are you okay?" Marcus said looking at Emmi and Anna, mostly Emmi. Emmi smiled and nodded.

"We are. Thank you, Marcus." Anna said and gave him a hug.
"No problem, they are idiots." He smiled. "And besides, anyone who's a friend of the twins', are a friend of mine. Remember that." 

"How did you know all of that?" Soph asked.
"My parents are lawyers." Marcus smiled. "Besides, you can probably convince those idiots of anything if you just sound confident enough." The group chuckled, knowing it was true. They didn't seem smart enough to know if you were just convincing them of a lie. 

"Thanks man." Eric said and pulled Marcus into a hug. The same did Aj. "It means a lot."
"Anytime guys, you know that." He smiled. They knew that, Marcus was a good friend.

"Well, I'll see you guys later." Marcus said. "Better keep an eye on everything." Marcus walked back to the house to keep the party going. 

"You all want to stay here?" Eric asked. No one said anything, but the silence said it all. 

"Let's get out of here." Alex said.