Chapter 10

2 days had passed since the locals had seen the girls; it was Wednesday. The girls had plans to go shopping and not that they didn't want to come, but the locals all had plans with their families or friends.

Now the girls were on their way to the twins' house. They were all going surfing and had agreed to met up and carpool from there. It was a lot easier for the girls because they didn't know the island well, so less chance of getting lost if they drove with the locals.

"Hey girls." Will said as Eric, Emily, Lauren and himself stepped out of the car. They had parked in the Delgado's driveway at the same time as the girls. 

"Hi." Emmi said.
"Where is Soph and Avery?" Lauren asked.
"They wanted a girlfriend day." Anna smiled. "Where is Carson?"
"That sounds nice." Eric said. "And Carson is sick, so she stayed home."

They walked up to the house together. The door was open, so they just walked in. They heard voices in the backyard and walked through the kitchen to get there. 

"That's not reassuring at all David." Ben said. Before he could answer, Eric announced their presence.
"Good morning." They looked around and saw both Alex and Aj sit with a bag of ice. Aj holding it to her head and Alex to his ribs. 

"What happened here?" Will asked. They stepped onto the grass to look at the Delgado family who were sitting on the pouch. 

"We just had a couple visitors last night." David said.
"We?" Alex and Aj said simultaneously as they looked at their dad. 

"Sorry." David chuckled. "Someone broke into the house and my kids, as smart as they are, thought it was a good idea to surprise them." 

"Okay first of all, we didn't surprise them. We just heard a noise and wanted to see what it was." Alex said and shrugged his shoulders. "You can't surprise someone who's not supposed to be there in the first place."

"Second, you would have done the exact same thing." Aj said, everyone nodded as it was true. Even David agreed with his daughter. 

"And third... We got them to leave, didn't we?" Alex said with a smirk.
"Why am I the only one here who thinks we should be just a bit concerned?" Ben asked with his 'get serious now guys' voice. The Delgado's laughed, they knew that voice all to well. 

"Relax Uncle Ben." Aj said. "They didn't take anything, and we are okay."
"I know that honey." Ben clarified. "What I'm concerned about, is why they were here in the first place." David looked at his kids and had to agree with his partner. Finding out who broke into his house in the middle of the night, was a good idea. Especially if it was going to happen again. 

"You're right." David said and looked at Ben. "We need to find out why they were here." Ben nodded in agreement.
"Kids, you go have fun for today." David said. "We will figure this mess out." Aj and Alex nodded and stood up. 

"Let's go." Alex said. He walked to the girls and the James twins to say hallo. Aj did the same thing, hugging Anna a bit longer then any of the others and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Anna blushed at the contact. 

"How are you always getting into trouble?" Eric chuckled. 

"It's a family thing." David said before going into the house.
"I can confirm that." Ben chuckled following David into the house. They all laughed, Aj and Alex knew it was true. Ben had to deal with a lot being partners with their father.

"So what happened last night?" Lauren asked.

FLASHBACK

Alex woke up after hearing a thump downstairs. He walked out of his room and saw Aj coming out of hers. 

"What was that?" He whispered. Aj shrugged her shoulders, not sure either. They sneaked down the stairs to find out what was going on.
They walked into the living room and saw two guys rummaging in their father's desk and dresser. 

"HEY!" Alex yelled. 

The thieves jumped and looked up at the twins. They were both wearing masks, so they couldn't see who they were. The twins expected them to run out of the house when they announced their presence, but they didn't. They did the exact opposite. 

The thieves looked at each other and ran towards the twins. They didn't expect that, so they didn't have time to react on it. One of them pushed Alex into the dinner table and the other shoved Aj, making her bump her head on the door frame. The twins both fell to the ground as the thieves ran out through the kitchen.

"And then we called our dad to tell him what happened." Alex said.
"He wasn't home?" Anna asked.
"No, he was working." Aj smiled. 

"Shall we get going?" Eric asked. Alex and Aj went to change and the rest walked to their cars. The twins let their father know where they were going before leaving.

"Let's take Emily's and our car." Alex said as they came out of the garage with the surfboards. They loaded the boards and drove off. Aj and the boys in the twins' jeep and the girls in Emily's car.

The jeep with the 2 sets of twins pulled up to a red light, just listening to music from the radio and singing along. A black SUV pulled up next to them. Alex was the only one to register it as it was on the driver's side, however he didn't think more about it. There were so many black SUV's out there. 

The light turned green and Alex started driving. The car stayed beside them for about a mile and they all started to get curious to why.
"What are they doing?" Will asked. 

"I don't know." Alex said and sped up, but the SUV did the same and kept its spot next to them. The window was slowly rolled down and two men with masks on came into view. 

"Shit." Alex said. "It's the same guys who broke in." Aj gasped and quickly pulled out her phone to call their father. He picked up at the second ring. 

"Dad! They came back." Aj said into the phone. The SUV bumped into the side of the car and Alex swerved a bit of the road but quickly got it back. 

"Where are you?" David asked his daughter; he knew exactly who she was talking about.
"On Diamond Head Road." Aj hurried. "I turned my watch on." She had pressed the button so he could see their specific location. 

"Okay, try and hold them off as long as you can." David said. "We are coming. Stay on the phone." Aj stayed on the phone but put in the speaker and removed it from her ear.
"Will, call Lauren and tell them to stay back." Aj said. Will nodded and quickly pulled out his phone.

The girls were a few cars behind but had noticed that they were in some kind of trouble.
"What the hell." Lauren said and turned to Emily. Emily didn't get a chance to say anything before Lauren's phone rang. 

"It's Will." Lauren said and accepted the call and put it in speaker. "Will, what's going on?"
"It's the guys who broke in last night." Will hurried. "You need to stay where you are, got it? Don't get closer." 

"But Will..." Lauren started, but Will shot her down.
"Lauren, don't." Will said and Lauren didn't argue with him.
"Please stay on the line." Lauren said scared.
"I will." Will said reassuringly. All the girls were scared, they had no idea what was happening.

The SUV bumped into the jeep again, it was clear they were trying to run them off the road.
"They're pushing us off the road." Eric said. The road had at least a 100-foot drop if they went over, the kids all knew that.

"The brakes aren't working." Alex yelled. "I can't stop." The girls and David and Ben heard all of it over the phones, all worried sick about them. 

"Alex, keep the car on the road!" David yelled into the phone. "We are almost there." Alex did the best he could, but the SUV kept bumping into them. 

"I can't." Alex said as his grip on the wheel tightened. They were coming up to a turn and with not brakes, they were in trouble. 

The SUV bumped into them again and this time Alex couldn't keep the jeep on the road. They were headed straight for the edge.