0.1 | no emotion?

ONE
( a week later )

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

School seemed to be the least exciting thing in Suki's life. She's always been naturally intelligent. Teachers would always tell her parents to send her to pricey schools, but they would decline. Not because they didn't want to, but because she didn't.

Her second year in high school has been going smooth. It's rare that anything interesting happens. With her new plans, she anticipated that to change.

She was headed her next class and of course some loud boys had to interrupt. Suki snapped her head in the direction and locked eyes with the one and only Hwang Hyunjin, fooling around with two other boys: Han Jisung and Lee Minho.

What idiots, she thought to herself and opened the door to her language class.

This was quite the easy A since they're learning Japanese and that's where she and her family are from, they moved to South Korea.

She didn't pay attention, just stared out the window, occasionally tuning in.

The teacher's phone rang and Mrs. Kim's expression dropped within a second. After mumbling a few okays and alrights, she ended the call, stopped the lesson and sat down.

"I am so sorry and heartbroken to inform you guys of this information, I know some of you were very close to her..."

Students looked around, talking and gossiping.

"Quiet down!"

"That was the principal on the phone who just got told by the police that your classmate, Hirai Akira, has been found dead this morning."

All sound goes dead silent.

"We are so sorry for this loss. I'll let you guys take a few minutes to take in what I just said."

Suki looked around, trying to see reactions — not one person crying, not even her best friends. What was the first stage of grief again? Denial.

They're probably thinking, "she can't be dead.", "how is this possible." And so on. Suki almost laughed thinking of that.

Behind her was Hyunjin, Akira's boyfriend, or former boyfriend now. He had a blank face, staring off into the abyss.

He didn't really like her, everyone knew that, he was using her, but she was also using him. They would call it a win-win situation. But even then, you would imagine this would have some kind of effect on him.

A few minutes passed, no one said a word.

Mrs. Kim sighed, "We have to get back to the lesson, I'm afraid."

A long school day finally ended, on her way home, she saw police cars around the school. As far as Suki knew, she was in the clear. People knew about Akira and her brother, but not what caused his suicide. Plus, it was three years ago, so there really wasn't any recent association.

How did they even identify the body?

Note to self, she thought, pull out the teeth next time.