Seven

Lo

Lo

It was the weekend, and Kash was hanging with his boys tonight, so Bella and I were going to hit up the club and have a girl's night out. For the last few days, she had been acting really weird, but I didn't question it because she was known to act a certain type of way when she was rejected by a guy. I've seen it too many times to count, but hopefully, tonight will take her mind off of it.

"The first round of drinks are on me!" I said in her ear, trying to yell over the loud music. "Booty." By Blac Youngsta was blaring through the speakers, as Bella started dancing against me, while I placed my hands on her hips and allowed her to twerk her ass on me.

"Ayeee! If I hit Alexis Skyy, I'mma muthafuckin rock it!" Bella sung along with the music, dropping it low. I laughed, happy to see that she was finally getting back to her old self, as she moved away from me and started dancing with some cute guy. "Go get them drinks, best friend!" I nodded and headed to the bar, flagging down the bartender, as he gave me the "one moment" signal with his index finger. I stood dancing in one spot, looking at the crowded dance floor, as I felt someone place their hands on my hips.

"Fancy meeting you here." I turned and saw Vic standing there, smirking at me, as he looked me up and down.

"Hey, Vic." I smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Tryna get my Mack on. What about you?" He asked.

"Girls night with Bella." I pointed towards Bella, who was twerking on a new guy, not paying us any mind.

"She seems like she's turnt up. You look beautiful, by the way." I blushed, thanking him, as I looked him up and down. He was looking good as well, wearing a perfect fitting red shirt, some black pants, and black and red Jordan's. I found myself staring at him, but I quickly looked away when the bartender finally came over.

"What can I get for you?" He asked.

"Two Hennessy and cokes, and two shots of Fireball." I yelled over the loud music.

"That'll be eighteen dollars." I was about to reach into my clutch purse, but Vic stopped me.

"I got it." He said, handing the bartender a twenty-dollar bill.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to do that." I told him.

"I know, but I wanted to."

"Let me at least pay you back." I was about to open my clutch once again, but he grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry about, Lo. I can find some other ways for you to pay me back." He said, shooting me a wink. He turned and walked off, leaving me standing there with furrowed eyebrows. What the hell did he mean by that? Grabbing the drinks, I headed back over to where Bella was, handing her one of the drinks as we went to find somewhere to sit.

"Girl, it's lit in here tonight! I'm definitely going home with one of these fine ass men tonight!" Bella said, throwing her Fireball shot back. She then reached and grabbed my shot, throwing it back, before she started to down her drink.

"Slow down, B!"

"I got this, Lo. I need another drink. Next rounds on me." She got up and walked off, dancing her way towards the bar, while I just sat there dancing in my seat.

"Hey, beautiful, you wanna dance?" A random guy approached me, looking like an old school pimp.

"No, I'm okay." I gave him a polite smile, as he nodded and walked away. I scanned the crowd looking for Vic, but I couldn't seem to find him. He had become a quick friend of mine, and I enjoyed his company, but I also knew that he had a thing for me. I always found him flirting with me, while I unintentionally flirted back, but he knew I was taken, and he said that he respected that. When I couldn't find him, I sighed and grabbed Bella's phone, seeing that it was going off.

K Daddy: I'm sorry about what I said to you the other night. Let me make it up to you.

K Daddy: I didn't mean what I said baby. I love you too.

Who the hell was K Daddy? I didn't know Bella was involved with someone and if I would've known... I would've never tried to hook her up with Vic.

"Shots all around!" Bella shouted, placing a bunch of shots on the table.

"Hey, B, who is K Daddy?" I asked her. Her entire body tensed up and her mood quickly changed, as she snatched her phone out of my hand.

"Why the fuck are you going through my phone?"

"I'm not, I just saw that you had a text message and checked it. Why are you trippin' so hard?" I questioned, glaring at her like she had lost her mind. She glanced at her phone and back up at me, shaking her head irritably.

"You know what? I'm out of here. Call an Uber or something, because I don't have time." She gathered her things and stormed off, leaving me sitting there with a bunch of shots and a confused face. What the hell just happened? Why was she so damn mad? I've went through her phone and read her text messages before with no problems, but now? She done went completely ape shit on me.

Throwing back two more shots, I was about to get up and leave, until I spotted Vic easing through the crowd.

"Damn, you drinking all this alone?" He asked, approached the table I was sitting at. "I just saw your friend leaving. She seemed upset. Everything okay?"

"Something came up, so she had to leave." I lied. "She left me with all these shots though, so if you want to throw these back with me then you can."

"You have a ride home?"

"I was going to take an Uber."

"I'll take you." He offered, taking one of the shots.

"Well if you help me finish all these drinks, you'll need an Uber too." I joked.

"Nah, I have a high tolerance for alcohol, so I'll be good." He eased next to me, as we started to drink all these shots that Bella left me with. In the midst of us drinking, I sent Bella a text, apologizing for going through her phone, and letting her know that I didn't mean to invade her privacy. She responded and told me that she was sorry for overacting, and that she was going to come back and pick me up, but I told her that Vic was here and he offered to take me home.

"You know..." I began, slurring my words. "I feel like dancing. You... You wanna dance?"

"Sure, let's go." He said, grabbing my hand. We eased out onto the dance floor, as Vic wrapped his arms around me while I swayed side to side. "You drunk as hell, ma."

"No, I'm noooottttt." I wrapped my arms around his neck, inhaling the scent of his intoxicating cologne. "You smell soooo goooddd!"

"You do too." He chuckled, grabbing my chin and lifting my head up so we were looking at each other. I'm not sure if it was the amount of alcohol I had consumed, or the way Vic had me feeling, but what I happened next was completely out of my control. Vic caressed my cheek, leaning down as he gently placed his lips against mine. For a moment, I melted in his arms, reluctantly kissing him back.

"Vic, wait." I said quickly, pulling away from him.

"What's wrong?"

"We can't do this. I'm sorry... I have to go." I removed myself from his hold, easing through the crowd, as I made my way outside. What the fuck just happened?