Thirty-Two

Lo

Lo

Three Days Later...

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The constant sounds of beeping, pulled me out of a deep slumber, as I slowly opened my eyes and slowly lifted my arm to shield my arm from the sun that seeped through the windows. I felt the excruciating pain that shot through my body before I even opened my eyes, groaning as I felt someone intertwine their fingers with mine.

"Lo?" I heard Kash's voice, as I moved my arm, looking up into his brown eyes. He smiled a little, rubbing some loose strands of hair out of my face, as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "Hey, baby. I'm so glad you're finally awake."

"H-how long was I out?" I asked, clearing my dry and groggy throat.

"Seventy-two hours. I was afraid you had slipped into a coma or something, but the doctors explained that you went through a serious trauma, and that you'd be out for a few days. I haven't left your side since they brought you in." Memories of what happened between Kash, Vic, and I, flooded my mind, as the tears swelled up in my eyes.

"My baby..." He sighed and looked away from me, basically telling me what I already knew.

"I'm so sorry, Lo, but... There is no baby. Not anymore." He murmured, as the tears started pouring down my face.

"No!" I sobbed hysterically, turning away from Kash. This was all my fault, and I had nobody to blame but myself. Well, myself and Kashton, if I'm being completely honest. If it wasn't for him cheating on me with my best friend, I would've never ran into the arms of another man, possibly getting pregnant by him. But then again... If I would've known how mentally unstable Vic was, I would've never pursued him the way that I did. No matter how many times I can point the finger at everyone else, the truth of the matter is... I am the one at fault here. Me! Not Kash, not Bella, not Vic, but ME!

"I'm going to go grab the nurse." He rubbed my arm before getting up to retrieve a nurse, while I laid there and cried. A part of me should be happy that I wasn't pregnant anymore, only because I lied about the baby being Kash's kid. The truth is, I never went to the doctor. I was too afraid to find out the truth, knowing that no matter what the results would've been... I would have been screwed either way. If the baby would've been Vic's kid, Kash would have left me. If the baby was Kash's kid... Well, we all saw what happened when I revealed that piece of false of information. Either way, this was a blessing in disguise, and I planned on taking the truth with me to the grave.

When Kash returned with the nurse, she did a thorough checkup, before alerting a doctor to come in and talk to me. I had finally dried my tears, trying my best not to think about what happened three days ago, but it was hard. I didn't expect for things to escalate so quickly, but I also didn't expect for Kash to be released from jail and come over to Vic's house to look for me. That night was filled with unfortunate events that I'd prefer to erase from my memory, if possible.

"Once the doctor runs more tests and gives the green light on your health, then you'll be able to go home, but in the meantime... We need to keep you for a few more days and make sure that everything is alright. Though you experienced some serious trauma, if the circumstances were a little worse, then you probably wouldn't be able to bare children at all. Thankfully, that's not the case, but I am sorry for your loss." The nurse rambled, as I laid there in a daze. I had my hand on my stomach, feeling a tender pain, as I winced a little. "Do you have any questions for me, or do you need anything?" I shook my head, thanking her, as she left the room. I held my head down, not even looking at Kash, who was now sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I didn't respond, because I had no way of knowing if I was really okay or not, let alone, knowing if things would ever be okay again. "Lo... Baby, talk to me. I know things are fucked up, but they will get better."

"How do you know?" I asked, finally looking up at him. "What if things don't ever get better after this?"

"Because we won't let this situation break us down. Look... I don't know where we'll go after all of this, but I do know that I don't want to lose you. We both fucked up and handled certain situations poorly, but if you're rocking with me like I'm hoping you are, then I'm sure we'll be able to move past this."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I really do." He grabbed my hand and held it in his hand, giving it a small kiss, as he eased closer to me.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." He said.

"What happened to Vic?" I questioned. I know I shouldn't care, especially after what he did to me, but a part of me wanted to know if he was still dead or alive; and if he were still alive, was he still roaming around free, or locked up behind bars?

"You really want to know?" I nodded my head, bracing myself for what he was about to say next.

"He's in jail. Not only did he admit to killing Bella and blaming me for it, but he also shot his brother."

"WHAT?!" I shrieked. "He shot Vance? Is Vance okay, or did he... Did he..." My throat instantly dried up, not wanting to think about if Vic actually killed his brother or not. Though I really didn't know Vance, he didn't deserve to die. Especially not at the hands of his brother.

"Baby, relax, he didn't die. He just got a gunshot wound to the gut, but he's very lucky to be alive. I'm not sure if he plans on pressing charges against Vic, but he needs to. That nigga shot his ass with no hesitation whatsoever!" I closed my eyes and shook my head, not believing what I was hearing right now. I mean... I knew Vic was crazy, but to shoot your own brother? That's crazy on a whole other level.

"Kash? I'm sorry for everything." I sighed, taking a deep breath.

"No, baby, I'm the one that should be apologizing. I shouldn't-" He began, but I placed my hand over his mouth. I was tired of us apologizing and reliving what we were sorry for. I was just ready to move forward, and leave everything that happened in the past.

"Shhh. Let's not talk about it anymore. I just want to move forward, and forget about everything that happened."

"So... Where does that leave us?" He asked.

"I really don't know. I mean, you know I love you, and I want to make this work, but after everything we've been through... It won't be an easy task." I told him, honestly. "We can't just pick up where we left off, and we can't just move on like nothing has happened, no matter how bad we both want to."

"Listen, Lo, I'm willing to do whatever I can to make this work, but only if you're willing to do the same." Was I willing to do whatever I could to make this work? Did I really want to be with Kash, especially knowing everything that I know about him? At one point, I couldn't see myself living without him, but now? I wasn't so sure.