anxiety and braids - heathizzy

Heath bit down on his lower lip as he bounced his leg up and down. Nationals was only a few days away, and somehow, both B-Troupe and A-Troupe were going. As a result, he was more anxious than ever.

Thankfully right now, they were running the solos, so no one was paying attention to him and his anxiety. Or so he had thought. Izzy came up to him, clearly annoyed. "Hi-" He started only to be cut off by her head lying down in his lap, as she curled in on herself.

"Iz?" He asked and she opened a bleary eye to look at him. "You uh, you good?" She nodded, grabbing one of his hands and placing it in her hair. "Start braiding or whatever the hell you want to do, just stop bouncing your leg. It's driving me crazy."

Heath looked at her before nodding, grabbing a small section of hair from Izzy's ponytail and beginning to braid it. He kept going, until almost half of her ponytail was braided up.

“Wow, your hair’s really soft. Like... really soft.” He mumbled and Izzy hummed under her breath. Heath smiled at her before continuing. Finally he finished, just in time for him and the boys' group dance.

He slid out from under Izzy who had fallen asleep, grabbing his jacket and placing it under her head so she wasn't lying on the cold wooden floors.

He was still nervous and worried about Nationals, but maybe things would be ok. Yeah. They had to be.