2

Cari POV:

I've been in Florida for two days, Shannon fly's in later today, im excited to see her again. It has been a month or two since i last saw her. I hope this goes well. We are in a good place at the moment, i don't want to fuck that up.

Despite my excitement, im nervous, nervous to see her face, her eyes, her smile. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. We broke up for a reason, well i broke up with her for a reason. It was very much a case of right person wrong time. Why did i think that now there was a global pandemic this was the right time for us.. Let's just see how it goes.

My mum loves Shannon, she is so excited that she is coming. She loves it when i come home. because of work I don't see her very much, so she's enjoying every minute that I am here, Bobby too. Bobby and I are incredibly close, it's a shame that we don't get to spend much time together, but when we do, nothing changes.

Shannon POV:

My flight leaves in exactly 3 hours, I should probably get out of bed. I have so much to do, I need to finish packing, shower, say some goodbyes and get to the airport.

2 hours later and I'm in an Uber on the way to the airport. My body is filled with so many emotions, I'm not quite sure how i feel. Was this the right decision? should i turn back before it's too late? Fuck. What am i doing.

"No turning back now" i said to myself as i took my seat on the plane.

Before i knew it i we were landing, i had slept the whole flight. As i was getting off the plane i texted Cari to say that i had landed, i was excited to see her. I headed towards baggage claim to collect my suitcase. I wasn't sure how long i was staying so i kinda packed heavy.. maybe a bit too heavy as i pulled my suitcase off the conveyor belt.

I looked at my phone to see a text from Cari:

*Fletch 🌹: I am outside, excited to see you!*

I was suddenly nervous.

Cari POV:

Shan texted me to say that she had landed, so i grabbed my keys and hopped in my car and headed to the airport. 

I arrived and parked my car outside the 'arrivals' doors and dropped ShanBee a text to let her know i was here.

I got out of my car and just stood, i didn't know how to act, i was full of mixed emotions

I wasn't waiting long when she appeared. Black jeans, dark green sweater, and a black cap. She had cut her hair shorter, i liked it. 

We instantly made eye contact and both smiled. She opened her arms and welcomed me in for a hug. I've missed her smell, her warm embrace.

I reached to grab he suitcase and put it in the car but Shannon stopped me and laughed.

"I've got it, dont worry" she said with a smirk and loaded it in to the trunk before getting in the passengers seat beside me.

Off we went, heading home.