9

Cari POV:

"Happy Birthday Baby" i whispered as i woke up, thinking Shannon was still lying next to me

"happy birthday to you too, glad i get to spend the day with you" she replied from the other side of the room, looking in the mirror and putting a cap on.

"no, why are you up, get back in bed"

"i'll come back in a second, let me just grab us breakfast and bring it back up, i've already made it" shannon said, closing the door behind her

She emerged back 5 minutes later with a tray full of a selection of food, coffee and juice, and also a little present and card.

i sat up in my bed as she placed it on my knees, gave me a kiss, and then sat next to me.

"here, this is for you, i have a few other things but i wanted to give you this now" Shannon said, handing me the present.

i love receiving cards, they're the best part of my birthday, they're better than a little text or instagram post, they show more care and thought.

"i have presents for you too, let me get them"

"no, just sit and eat for now" shannon giggled "we can do presents later, i just want to be here, with you"

We ate and i opened up the card to read:

Dear Cari,

Happy Birthday my love, I'm so glad i get to spend the day with you. the past few weeks have been great and i've loved every day i've spent with you. 

I don't want to get soppy so i'll keep it brief.

Thank you for teaching me love that has no limits, patience in other people as well as myself, self-worth, communication and commitment. I could go on, but i'll save both of us from that. I am so grateful for you and that you are such a big part of my heart and my life, and i don't intend on that changing any time soon.

I love you Cari,

ShanBee 

"That's so sweet, my eyes are watering, this is embarrassing"

Shannon reached over and wiped my tears.

"I love you" i said, moving in for a kiss. 

This moment was special, i didn't wait it to end.

Shannon POV:

I was nervous for Cari to read my card, i was unsure what to write at first. To be honest, i could of written all of my feelings down, but i didn't want to overwhelm her.

i reached over and grabbed the trey of left over food, about to take it back downstairs when Cari said 

"no, just put it on the side, don't leave"

so i did, i placed it on the side and snuggled back up next to her.

"We should probably head downstairs now, your parents will be wondering what we are doing up here" i said, although i didn't really want to move.

'You're right, don't want them to get the wrong idea" cari said as she got out of bed.

What did she mean by that? the wrong idea? i ignored it and went downstairs.

"Happy Birthday you two!" the Fletcher family exclaimed as we entered the kitchen

"what do you want to do today?" mrs fletcher asked, looking in our direction

"get drunk" cari replied and we all laughed

We settled on a walk and a few other birthday activities.