4

Cari POV:

"Here we are, home for the next however long" I said whilst pulling into the driveway.

I could see mom through the kitchen window, she smiled and we both waved back. For some reason i was suddenly nervous for Shan to see my parents, but i couldn't understand why, it's not like Shan hasn't met my family a million times before.

We unloaded the car, making sure not to forget the flowers, and headed to the front door where we were met by Mom and Dad, they were so excited to see Shannon.

They all hugged and Shannon gave them their gifts and mom immediately put her flowers in a vase and on display in the living room.

"Here, this way Shan, let me show you to our room so you can ditch your bags"

Shannon POV: 

Our room... she said our room. i mean, not that i thought we would have separate rooms.. that would be weird right? it just took me by surprise.

she led me up the stairs giving me a brief tour as we progressed through the house.

"And this is where we will be staying" cari said. "It wont be weird if we share a bed right.. there is another spare room if you would prefer.. I ju-"

I cut her off, "it's not as if we haven't shared a bed for the past 2 and a half years" i smirked "this is perfect".

I dropped my suitcase and headed towards the window. It was beautiful, a sea view with a view of the garden, and a bathroom attached. I was suddenly overwhelmed with excitement.

"i'll leave you to unpack a bit if you want, I have taken up half of the closet and there should be some drawers in the dresser free, but feel free to move any of my clothes if you need more room, I'll be downstairs" she said as she left me alone.

I was just finishing unpacking when i herd Bobby talking to Cari

"she's just unpacking" Cari said

"in your room? you're sharing a room? what happened to you being broken up" Bobby said with a laugh"

"Shh we are adults we can handle ourselves, anyway, do you want to go say hi" Cari asked

A couple of seconds later Bobby, Becca his girlfriend and Cari all come storming in. Becca and Bobby both gave me hugs and we all sat on my bed for the next half hour talking and catching up until Mrs Fletcher called up asking of any of us wanted to go for a walk before dinner, to which we all agreed.

I quickly changed out of jeans as Florida was hot hot and we set off. It wasn't a long walk, we just went around the neighbourhood  and i got to know my surroundings. Mr and Mrs Fletcher were in the front, holding hands, and Bobby and Becca just behind them, and me and Cari falling behind.

The sun was setting, the sky was a mixture of reds and pinks and orange. I was happy. 

*New chapter every day!!!*