Hanahaki II

Ship: DreamNotFound

Angst

TW: Blood, mentions of death, sickness

words: 1234 ( Lmao- ) 

A/N: I promised, so you shall receive. Here's part two. It's funny how my oneshots book has just turned into a home for random ideas or au's I want to write. 

======================

Dream was tired. Sick and tired. In multiple ways. He just wanted to ignore the disease that seemed to keep creeping up on him, and his exhaustion was starting to show.

He stared into the mirror, his eyes had bags beneath them and his hair was disheveled.

He sighed and shook his head, quietly moving back to his desk. He lowered his head down onto, trying to get a moment's peace before sitting up again.

He had to do this stream. He'd been gone for too long. People were starting to worry.

That included George.

Even just hearing or thinking his name caused his chest to seize.

He shook his head, wincing at the tightening feeling.

He turned on his computer and tapped his foot impatiently, his flower petal filled bucket beside him. He joined the discord voice chat and yawned.

" DREAAAMMM!!! " George yelled excitedly.

The blonde was practically dizzy, his ears ringing for a moment. He smiled weakly, resisting the urge to start hacking up a lung then and there.

" Hi George. " He croaked, his eyes widening. He'd caught himself off guard, not expecting his voice to be so hoarse. He started to laugh, hoping to play it off as a voice crack. " That's got to be the worst voice crack I've had yet. " He heard George chuckling weakly through his headset.

He loaded up minecraft as George began to ramble about something. He felt bad about not paying attention, but he figured it was for the better.

He winced at the bright white of the "MOJANG" loading screen, having left all his lights off meant that was the brightest thing in the room. He swore he couldn't see for a minute.

" Hey Dream? " Dream hummed in acknowledgement as he clicked around and got the stream ready.

" You seemed to die for a while there? What happened? If you don't mind me asking of course! " George said sheepishly.

Dream held back a gasp at the sharp pain in his chest, biting his lip to conceal it.

" I just needed a break. Burnout. I haven't slept properly in forever. That was my time to catch up on sleep. " He answered shortly.

" Oh, okay. Makes sense. I'm glad you're taking the time to take care of yourself. " George responded sincerely.

Dream choked on a cough, feeling the familiar iron taste of blood try to escape his lips. He gasped out for air, muting himself so he could cough freely, new bloody flower petals joining the old ones.

He unmuted and undeafened himself.

"-am?! Dream? Are you okay? " George was asking worriedly.

Dream inhaled slowly. " Yeah. I'm okay. I choked on my water. " He lied. George was silent for a moment before uttering out an 'okay'.

He started the stream. " I'm live. " He muttered. George made a noise signaling he understood.

The two played together for a while. People were constantly commenting about how unusually quiet and enthusiastic he seemed. He couldn't care less.