6: What Happened To Us?

After the photoshoot was over I grabbed my suit jacket off of the back of my chair and placed it on my arms.

"Nice job today Henry!" The photographer shouted at me.

I smiled and nodded at her before heading to my dressing room. I threw myself onto the couch that sat against the east wall and laid my head back. I'm so tired. It took much more effort than usual to get through today's shoot.

Everything has been going wrong with my relationship with Y/n and I can't keep my mind on anything but that today. I don't want to lose her but it's been so hard to balance my busy schedule and maintain a strong relationship. As I began to sink into my thoughts, my dressing room door was knocked on, and then it opened. It was my manager Dany. 

He sighed heavily as he walked in and sat in my vanity chair. "What's going on with you Henry?" He asked. 

"What?" I asked. If he noticed something was wrong he must have caught me at a bad moment. I thought I did pretty good at hiding that something was wrong.

"You've been looking like that all day long." He started.

"Is it that girl again?" He asked with a hint of frustration in his voice. Two years ago when me and Y/n started dating, Dany tried to stop me from seeing her. But I couldn't help myself. I certainly don't regret it, but it's getting harder and harder to keep my relationship healthy.

"Dany, I have the right to be in a relationship with somebody that I care about." He scoffed and shook his head. I know one thing's for sure, no matter how hard it is I'm not letting her go.

"She's gonna ruin your career if you don't get a hold of yourself, Henry." I shot up from the couch and grabbed my car keys off of my vanity as I quickly walked past him. 

I opened the door to leave, but before I did I needed him to know something.

"I'll choose her over my career any day." He called after me once I had left but I was already down the hall and on my way to make things right with her.

That's it. I need her to know that. That she means more to me than any dollar I make or movie I act in.

As I sped off from the site where we held the photoshoot, I thought about what I would say to her. I hope she wants to hear me out. It's been difficult to talk to her because she's so on edge with me now because of the arguments we've had. Arguments where I threatened to leave or said things like "We're not going to make it" out of anger. I shouldn't have said those things. And now, I don't even know what to say because I don't want to say the wrong thing.

I'm so glad the streets were pretty clear. That meant I could make my way to her faster. As I was halfway there my phone began to ring. Seeing that it was her I pressed the answer button on my car's touchscreen.

"Hey," I said. I don't know why but I was nervous.

"Hey. Where are you?" She sounded tired.

"I'm on my way from the shoot. Are you okay?" She took a moment to respond which only added to the nerves I felt.

"Um...I probably won't be here when you get back Henry. I'm staying at my mom's house for a while." She said plainly. 

It's happening. The one thing I was afraid of is happening. She's leaving.

"You're what? Y/n, please, where are you? Please don't leave. Can we talk about this before you decide?" I begged. I heard her sigh over the phone.

"Henry I'm tired of this. We've been fighting in vain. There's nothing left for us. I've already made up my mind. I'll call you later." She said before hanging up.

I was so angry at myself. How could I let this happen?

Two more blocks and I'll be home.

...

Pulling into our driveway I could see Y/n placing two bags in her trunk. I hurriedly put my car in park and turned it off before jumping out and running up to her. Once I got to her she tried to walk away, but I stopped her.

"Y/n please-" She pulled her wrist out of my grip.

"I told you, Henry. I've already made up my mind." She began to walk away again but this was my chance. My chance to reassure her of my love for her.

"Y/n I love you." I started.

"I always have. Since the day I saw you.  I questioned if it would be good for me, good for my career. But after seeing how much more colorful my life was with you in it, I stopped questioning." She finally stood still and pulled her sleeves down over her hands, something she does when she's not sure what to do.

I'm not sure if I'm saying the right things, but I hope it's enough to get her to change her mind.

"I knew that anything else in my life would come second. But I let that determination slip away from me. And I'm so sorry that I have broken us." My eyes began to sting and before I knew it, the tears fell.

By now I had gotten closer to her as she looked away from me and into the trees near our home, hiding her tear-stained face from mine. I grabbed her hands and pulled her sleeves back from them. She watched as I did so.

"Please Y/n, I will give up anything to have you stay. Please don't leave." Suddenly she broke and began to cry into my chest.

"What happened to us? I'm so tired Henry." I know that. She's fought harder than me, and I know that. She has every right to be tired.

"I'm so sorry love," I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same to me.

"Listen to me." I pulled back from her and lifted her face to mine.

"We can fix this. I will do better, I promise. I cannot..." The words got stuck in my throat. My love for her became overwhelming at this moment.

"I cannot lose you." After staring into her eyes for what I wish could've been forever, I pulled her back into me and she hugged me a little tighter.

I don't know if that means she's changed her mind, but in case she hasn't, I need to make this moment of having her this close to me, the most memorable. No matter my love for her, she must make her own choice. But I will love her always.

*****

So this was is pretty short and to the point but I can't just leave yall with nothing ;) Hope you liked this one. Do y'all like these angst ones or would you like more sweet fluffy stuff? Let me know and I'll look into that for ya. Just want to make sure I'm doing a little bit of what everyone likes. Again all of your love is so appreciated. Take care x

*****

Thanks for reading!