4: Fix You

The clock read 2:12 a.m as you had finally given up on trying to sleep. Your mind was running with millions of negative thoughts, keeping you from sleeping. You had tried everything you could to let it all go but you were unsuccessful. 

You rose up out of your bed and walked over to the sliding door in your bedroom that led out to your balcony. Looking up at the dark early morning sky you counted all the stars you could see, and finally, you let your eyes rest on the moon. 

Suddenly you broke down in tears. Feelings of unworthiness filled your body. You gripped onto your arms tightly as your reflection came about in your head. The wind that blew your tight curls across your face reminded you of how much you hated how tangled and fragile it is. Chills crawled from your bare feet up to your spine and down your arms. 

As you continued to break, your phone began to ring. You slowly walked back into your room to grab it, but you were too late as the call was missed. You cut on the screen to see it was a call from Henry, your best friend since middle school. Your tears began to fall onto your phone screen. You thought to yourself why he was calling you at this time. You stared at the notification debating whether you should call him back and talk to him or not.

But you couldn't bring yourself to press the call button. A little over a year ago you realized you had developed feelings for Henry, but you could never bring yourself to tell him. You just know that he doesn't feel the same way and only views you as a sister, so how could you ever develop those feelings for him. And your heart began to ache again. 

As you placed the phone back down it began ringing again. And again, you stared at your phone as a picture of you and him wearing fake mustaches popped up on the screen. Still, you couldn't pick it up. You slid down the front side of your bed and pulled your knees to your chest as you cried into your arms. You wanted to talk to someone, specifically Henry, but you were too scared to do so because you didn't want to feel like a burden as you often do. 

The phone had stopped ringing by then and you had pulled your knees closer to you. As much as you wanted to be alone right now, you wanted someone next to you, lending you their shoulder, listening to you, and holding you. But it was all too much to ask for, or so you felt. Suddenly as you had just begun to break down again your front door was knocked on. At almost 3:00 in the morning, you couldn't think of anyone that would be knocking on your door this late. Not even Henry. 

You slowly and quietly walked up to the door, and looking through the peep-hole, the first thing you saw was dark curls going this way and that way. Looking at the actual person, you realized it to be Henry. Even though you didn't want to just leave him out there, you couldn't let him see you like this. You walked away to your mirror to clean your face up when you heard him knock again. 

"Please be awake." He said softly behind the door. 

You continued to wipe your eyes and face dry of your tears before throwing on a big sweater and walking back over to the door. As you opened it, he had just stopped from walking away. 

"Henry, what are you doing here so late?" You asked as he walked a few steps back up to your door and clasped his hands together. 

"Can I come in?" You moved out of the way without hesitation and he walked inside of your apartment. 

"Were you outside?" He noticed your sliding door was open and you went over to close it. 

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep. Is something wrong?" He looked at you to respond but his expression changed from nervous to concerned. 

"Were you crying?" He asked as he walked up to you and grabbed your face.

"No." You said quickly. You didn't want him finding out about what you just went through.

"Y/n, you know I can tell. Your eyes are red and so is your whole face so don't try and lie." He gave you a small smile before you began plucking at your nails.

"I couldn't sleep." You said simply. Henry began to take his shoes off and placed them by your front door.

He looked at you and took in a deep breath before looking at the ground. "I need to talk to you. " You sat beside him on your bed facing the balcony and tucked your hands into the front pocket of your sweatshirt as you looked at him. But as you did, he got up and began to pace the floor. 

"Henry, what's wrong?" After a few more seconds he stopped and looked at you. 

"Y/n..." He said. You knew he had more to say but the words just wouldn't come out. 

"My words are not able to tell you, how much I am in love you." He looked at you with his hands clutching very tightly together. 

Your heart suddenly began beating faster and your face grew hot. Was he really saying this or were you just imagining it? This is what you thought to yourself. 

"Ever since middle school. I've had to hide it all these years." You began to stand up as he kept talking and you stood in front of him as his eyes followed you. 

"I couldn't take it anymore. It was tearing me apart not telling you. And I understand if you don't feel-" You shook your head and grabbed one of his wrists.

But you felt your eyes begin to burn and you had to look away from him. You separated yourself from him and walked back over to your bed as you pulled your hand over your mouth. 

"Y/n?" He said from behind you. You couldn't speak. If you did he would hear the pain in your voice.

You felt him walking toward you and you turned around to stop him from coming closer to you. 

His face held the same concerned look from earlier only more evident. 

"Henry how could you love me? We're best friends." You told him. "Besides, I'm not nearly as beautiful as the girls that are always after you so why are you saying this to me?" You didn't want to believe it because you had told yourself for so long that he didn't view you as anything more than a best friend. And that you weren't worthy of his love.

"Y/n yes I-" You shook your head again.

"Did you come all the way here to prank me or something Henry because I'm not having a very good nigh-" As you were getting rowed up you didn't even notice Henry had come up to you.

You suddenly felt his hands cup both sides of your neck and place his thumbs on your jawline.

You were practically frozen in place and didn't know what to do or how to react.

"Y/n you're so beautiful to me. And I'm in love with so much more of you than that." Your breath was suddenly taken away from you as his lips made contact with yours.

Your hands sat in the air where they had previously flailed. You began kissing him back and you sunk into the night. Everything was right. Everything was what you wanted. Henry then pulled away, not removing his hands.

"I love you, y/n..." You stared into his deep-set eyes and sat in the reality of what just happened.

"I love you too Henry." He scoffed out a soft chuckle and smiled. His thumbs then wiped your tears and you could finally feel lighter after this weight was removed.

*****

I apologize if this imagine is kind of all over the place. I wanted to do a plot like this but had too many ideas and some of them may have gotten cramped together. Hope you enjoyed it anyhow :)

Also if any of y'all are anime lovers, Im working on a HXH Chrollo Lucilfer imagines book, or I might do a storyline. Anyway it was just something I thought I'd tell y'all ;)

*****

Thanks for reading!