1: When I saw You

The recording for The Witcher 2 was getting ready to start soon and everyone was getting in their rightful places. You had been invited at the very last minute to the set to oversee costumes after the previous girl had quit.  You stood with the extras and watched as everything began to take place. But Henry caught sight of you and it stalled things for a bit. As he was talking to the director he ever so often discretely glanced at you. "Henry," He turned his attention back to the director. "What are you looking at? We need you to focus ok?" He nodded and went back into his acting mode. "Action!" Was yelled and rolling began.

***

After a while, my attention no longer belonged to Christopher. But it belonged to the beautiful girl across the set. The way she stood out in a crowd of people drew my eyes to her. She radiated as she laughed with them. I couldn't stop looking at her smile. I have to know who she is.

***

After a few takes a few people from the crew had come and moved the props around to change the setting. And Henry went to take a seat in his assigned chair. You tidied up the extras' costumes with no knowledge that the main star had his eyes fixed directly on you. He watched as you continued to laugh with them while pinning their suits back together. His agent had come over to him to discuss his scenes with him but Henry wasn't listening to any of it. "Who is that?" He asked while gesturing toward you. "That's Y/n. She's just a last-minute hire. Why, is there a problem?" She asked. He shook his head and stood up from his chair getting ready to walk over to you. But you were pulled away by your manager who wanted to show you pictures of outfits to be inspired by. Henry stopped in his tracks and watched as you were pulled inside the work hut that was put up on set. 

***

I had finally mustered up the courage to go and talk to her. I had to do more than just sit and stare at her. My agent was trying to talk with me about my scenes to be sure I wasn't pushing myself beyond my limits but that was the least of my cares at the moment. All I knew was that I finally had a chance to meet her. As I began walking over to her she was suddenly pulled away, and disappointment stopped me in my tracks. Hopefully, before this day is over I can get to her. I have to get to her.

***

"Henry let's get another take ok? That last one was a bit rough." He sighed and nodded at the director and prepared to do another take. "Cut!" The director yelled after the scene was done. You finally came out of the work hut and went over to fix up Anya's outfit. Henry once again stopped in his tracks as you bypassed him, and his breath stopped because he didn't expect to see you up so close. "Woah." He whispered to himself. Finally, you were on your own looking over the script for the next scene and Henry was making his way to you, but as soon as he headed toward you someone had come over and started talking with you. Once again Henry sighed in frustration and clenched his fist lightly against his thigh. He thought he should just give up since it seemed he couldn't get to you, so that's what he did.

***

I decided to try again. I was thinking about how I could approach her next when suddenly she walked past me, and for a moment I stopped breathing because of her beauty. The way her skin absorbed the brown dullness of the set lighting, the gentle frizziness of her hair, the determination to do good work radiating off of her, it was all too much for me to accept with no acknowledgment of the natural beauty she had. She stood alone against the cosmetics table reading a script, and that's when I decided to make my move. As I was dying inside and heading over to her someone had come up to her and now had her attention. I clenched my fist to release the frustration that had built up within me. Every time I try to talk to her it never works out. I should just give up. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

***

At the end of filming everyone was packing up to go and Henry was now out of his Geralt costume, hair and makeup. He was talking with his agent for a while outside of his SUV until he saw you heading to your car. You sat against the hood and pulled out your phone casually scrolling through it. This was it, this was his chance. "Hey I've gotta do something, we'll talk later." His agent tried to get Henry back to finish talking with him but Henry was determined to speak with you.

***

Now that filming was over I stood outside of the set with my agent to do our usual wrap-up talks. As we were communicating I caught sight of her again, and this time she was alone. She was leaned against the hood of her car scrolling through her phone, this was the perfect opportunity to talk to her. "Hey I've gotta do something, we'll talk later." I said before rushing off to her. My nerves were growing as I got closer to her and when I was a few more footsteps away she looked up from her phone and at me. And suddenly I couldn't speak. She was even more beautiful close up with the subtle darkness forming in the sky. "Hi," I finally mustered out. "Hi Henry," She held a wide smile. Her calling me by my name caught me off guard and that made me even more nervous. "I'm sorry if that was uncomfortable for you, you just...don't need any introduction.' She laughed and I laughed with her. It put me at ease that she began our conversation with humor. "I suppose not right?" I chuckled. "I'm y/n." Her name, amongst the most beautiful I've heard. 

"Nice to meet you. Listen I've been trying to get to you all night and every time it was impossible." She tucked her phone in her back pocket being that we were beginning to have a full conversation now. The way she listened made me want to talk to her forever, but I already know the nerves wouldn't allow the words to come out. "I had a feeling I was being tailed around Mr. not so discreet." I could feel my cheeks burn into a bright red shade as we laughed together again. Gosh, I hope I'm not falling in love with this phenomenal woman already. If so, I'm stuck, but I'm not complaining. "Well since we won't be filming for a couple of days due to the weather maybe we could grab some coffee together?" My hands were sweating so I stuck them in my back pockets to get them dry and out of the way. "Ohh I think this is the only day of filming that I'll be helping with." She said with regret in her voice. "I can take care of that for you if you want me to." I suggested. Even if she doesn't want that, I still hope I can get that coffee with her. "Can you!? That would be awesome!" She placed her hand on my arm and I smiled like a child. "Of course." I laughed as she expressed her excitement. "Oh thank you Henry." I nodded sheepishly. Goodness Henry get your act together! "Coffee, this Saturday, at 11 am?" I nodded once more as she set the date and she smiled before getting in her car. I waved her off and stood in my position smiling to myself as I recalled everything that took place. And I missed talking to her as soon as she drove away.

*****

This chapter was requested by    

I'm sure you guys noticed this chapter is written quite differently, with Henrys pov jumping in and out. I'm exploring new writing styles so please bear with me as I do so. How do we like shy Henry!? So adorable. Hope y'all liked the first chapter.

Thanks for reading!