Chapter One| The Misfortunes in Cee Lo Green

Chapter One~ The misfortune in Cee Lo Green

Carina Edwards

I see you riding around town

With the girl I love

and I'm like forget you!

And forget her too!

I sway to the sound of Cee Lo Green before a manicured, tan hand stops me.

Watch out people! It's a zombie movie.

"Hey Carrie, how are you?" Melisa Richards greets me and I smile friendly at her, before turning away and heading to my first class.

"What is her problem? She could be a little nicer, no wonder she doesn't have friends," I hear Melisa scoff, flipping her shiny black hair and I roll my eyes.

I have friends, you're just not one of them.

But I don't say that to her, I keep my distance from the cliques of Mancheston High School, floating by myself and swaying to my own sound. I like it like that, free to do whatever I want. And since I have nobody to gossip with in the halls, I'm never late to class, which is a plus side right?

"Come on, Carrie. It's Wednesday, two more days until Friday and then two days of freedom," I cheer myself on pathetically and round the corner only to be hit by a flying object.

A human being.

"Oh god, I am so sorry," A deep voice apologizes, and I rush to pick my papers up. I had just tucked them into my binder, not bothering to clip them in because I'm just too cool for that and now I was regretting it.

"No, not your fault." I mutter and another set of hands helps me to pick up the papers and books. We scramble to pick up our things, the papers colliding in a large mess. "Thanks," I look up to see Alec Kendrick, the closest thing this school had to a "Bad Boy."

He was a walking cliché. Dark hair, brown eyes, leather jacket, motorcycle, and a criminal record. From what I heard, he was in a gang or some sort of spy for the Mafia but I have learnt the hard way not to listen to rumors. I mean, everybody says he's a jackass but he helped me pick up my papers and said sorry so... not too bad right?

"You're welcome, have a good day," he walks away just as the late bell rings, the hallways empty. I turn around to see him exit the school, and walk right out of the building. Okay, so the part about skipping class was true.

"How come you're so quiet?" May Simpson asked me, popping a piece of her gum and smacking her candy colored lips and brushing the imaginary dust off her leggings and white cable knit sweater. I sat in my first class, English and she tapped my shoulder before so eloquently asking that.

Well, nobody plans a murder out loud do they?

Instead, I shrugged and return to my work

"Class, take out your homework," Mr. Roony, our English teacher instructs as he walks around to check it.

I scramble around my stack of books, looking for my homework binder, instead pulling out nothing but a tattered yellow folder with a skull and crossbones drawn on it and the words Alec Kendrick. Stay out of my folder. written on it in bold.

Classy, Kendrick. Very Classy.

"Ahem, Carina?"

It's Carrie! You know, from the horror movie?

"Sorry sir, my binders got mixed up. Can I give it to you tomorrow?" I ask timidly.

"Fine, half credit. Since it's your first time losing your homework and you're a good student, bring it in tomorrow," he says, marking his grade book and then someone yells out.