Chapter 14

Aspens POV

I was awaken by the sound of Ivy groaning loudly as she shifted in her bed. I assumed her headache was just as bad as the one that plagued me from the activity's of the night before. "Morning" I grumbled, expecting a good morning back from her, just like always. Instead she huffed pulling her comforter over her head. "No. It. Isnt." She hissed. Damn, I thought I was supposed to be the mean one. I chuckled at her agitation as I stretched against my mattress before forcing myself to sit up. A rush of dizziness hit me immediately, causing me to grip my sheets to keep myself steady.

I couldn't remember much from the night before but I could recall some things. I remember giggling as I watched Ivy down yet another shot of vodka, her face scrunching up at the bitter liquid. "Disgusting" she slurred, laughing happily as she set her shot glass back on the counter. Reggie stood only inches from her, his huge frame making her look tiny in comparison. He scowled terrifyingly at everyone who passed through the kitchen and got to close to her, while still somehow managing to paying attention to every drunken nonsensical word she spoke to him.

Ivy, being the lightweight that she is, was already starting to teeter on the line that sat between tipsy and sloppy drunk. I quickly grabbed the bottle from in front of her and pushed it aside, out of her reach. She didn't seem to notice, to preoccupied with a story she was telling Reggie that seemed to have no coherent ending. Despite his terrifying outer shell the boy nodded gently as she spoke, throwing in a 'oh really?' every once in a while to insure her that he was still listening. It was nice to see her happy talking to someone besides me or mom for once, not that I trusted this guy or any of his friends.

It was at the point in the night that people had started to trickle out, driving there friends home who where to drunk to stand. In the kitchen me, Ivy, Reggie, Patrick, Victor, Henry, and a couple of other girls I didn't know the names of all gathered. One sat sideways in henrys lap, giggling as she twirled a strand of hair around her finger, pretending to be interested in whatever bullshit he was talking about. His words came out fuzzy as he spoke making it clear that he was drunk. The other was sitting on the counter, a bottle of Captain Morgan rum in her hand as she swayed to the music.

I could hear the faint conversations of people in the living room, the music now at a level tolerable enough to speak with one another at. Patrick's zippo sparked to life in his hands as he lit yet another cigarette. If I had to guess, I would assume the inside of his lungs are just as black as his hair. I waved smoke out of my face as I took another drink from the glass bottle in my hand. That was the last drink I took before my memory got hazy.

"Girls! Get up, church is in an hour and I wanna get there early." Moms voice called from downstairs. Another groan came from ivy's bed. "Fuck my life" she whined, her voice muffled by the blanket that sat over her face. I laughed getting up and making my way over to her bed. I lifted the comforter and climbed under it with her before she could get the chance to protest. I laughed as I pulled it back over the both of our heads. Ivys hair was a crazy mess, her eyes lined with dark circles and smeared make up. "Tell mom I don't feel good" Ivy whined, her cheek still pressed firmly against her pillow.

I scoffed. "Like that's gonna work. You know what she will say. Jesus will heal you." I laughed once more, making quotation marks with my fingers as I spoke. Another groan from my sister. "Come on, don't be like that. Your supposed to be the sweet twin. You're making me look bad." I continued, scooting closer to her so I could drape my arm over her back. She didn't reply, only nuzzled into my side as she tried to make herself comfortable. "Come on lazy ass. We have to get up."

With that I got out from beneath her blanket and stood next to her bed. Reluctantly, she sat up, setting her feet onto the cold hard wooden floor beneath her before clumsily making her way to the bathroom. I don't think I had ever seen her that hungover before. Instead of agitating her anymore I decided to get dressed. I threw on the first nice thing I could find in my closet, smoothing out the fabric as I examined myself in the mirror. I always hated dressing up for church, everyone always called me Ivy on Sunday's, mistaking me for my sister due to my outfits.

The noise of the bathroom door swinging open quickly caught my attention as I was sitting on my bed to put my shoes on. I looked up to see a very annoyed looking Ivy standing in the doorway, a brush stuck in her hair at the side of her head. Her arms where crossed over her chest as she continued to stare at me. I knew what she was waiting for but just to entertain myself I decided I wait til she said something. A moment of silence fell over the room as we stared at each other, just waiting for the other to crack. Finally, she huffed, stomping her bare foot against the ground.

"Are you going to help me or not?"