- Chpt 1: Discovery -

-

In the depths of the cold tundras of the south pole, there resided a small village that is part of the Southern Water Tribe. A ravishing snow storm allowed the dimly lit lights of the houses in this town to glow very faintly but clearly for anyone who cane across it. This also used to be the same town that Avatar Korra used to live in back in her day before she was chosen, which just turned out to be a pure coincidence that the next one would also be found here.

In the midst of the snow, three members who belonged to what is known as "The Order Of The White Lotus" were approaching the village as they made their way to one specific home. The one that belonged to what is thought to be where the new Avatar's resided. The duties that this organization was responsible for are to protect and train the Avatar, share their knowledge and philosophies and to guard the world's most dangerous criminals.

There had been reports from other villagers that there was a 6 year-old girl had been able to control 3 of the 4 main elements in existence. It's a very rare ability that is believed only the Avatar is capable of. Ever since the disappearance of the last Avatar, decades passed with no one to restore the balance and peace needed for society to thrive like they used to.

Once the men finally arrived at the small hut where they were told the family lived and came in through the large curtains that acted as doors, only to see a man and a woman standing there expectantly with small lanterns in their hands. The men immediately recognized them as being the parents of the girl alleged to be the Avatar.

"We are truly honored to have The White Lotus in our home. Thank you for blessing us with your presence, because there is really something you should see..." The man, who goes by the name of Tom, said as he bowed respectfully and looked over to his wife who had a very giddy expression on her face

"You should know that we have investigated and gone through many claims saying they've found the Avatar, both here in the Northern Tribes and they have all turned out to be false so we hope we arent wasting our time here" One of the men said as he removed the hood of his coat, revealing his face

"Then you should be more than happy to know that your search may finally come to an end!" The woman, who goes by the name of Sabine, says happily while Tom nods in agreement

"We get that a lot, but as we said, we don't want to waste our time any longer so what makes you think your daughter is the one?" One of the members said with a very unamused look resting on his face while raising a single eyebrow

"Hold on a second, will you? Marinette! Can you come in here please?" Sabine called out as she turned her gaze over to a few curtains that led to somewhere else in the hut

After a few seconds, slow footsteps were heard approaching and soon after that, a head of dark hair and sparkling blue eyes peeked shyly through the curtains. She furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed the three extra men standing in the entry of her home and got immediately frightened, causing her to quickly go back into hiding. Sabine and Tom quickly looked back the men standing in the doorway, looking very uninterested and bored, due to one of them yawning and another had their eyebrows knitted together.

"I'll go get her, I'm sorry she's just very timid and shy, not very used to visitors" Sabine said sweetly and immediately headed behind the curtain to get her daughter

A few moments of uncomfortable silence passed by until Sabine came rushing through the curtain slowly as she lead another figure to the other side of the room. It was the little girl from before, she had her face buried in her hands as an apparent blush, due to embarrassment, appeared on her porcelain cheeks. Sabine kneeled down to reach her daughter's height and gently uncovered her face so now her big blue eyes were in full display. Marinette moved her hands down and interwined them together as the men had their gazes fixated on the little girl.

"Come on, honey. Show em' what you can do!" Sabine said encouragingly in which Marinette responded by nodding softly

The bluenette quickly stepped forward and closed her eyes, concealing her eyes completely. She took a deep breath and started moving her arms in sync from one side to another which subsequently caused water from a small puddle to retract from the ground, lifts it up in the air and moves it around with ease.

She then proceeds to let the water to drop the ground and then jumps forwards, extends her right foot forward which in retaliation, caused a small chunk of the ground beneath them to raise and then smashing it to her side, catching the members of The White Lotus by surprise completely.

After that, she lowered her knees to get into a new stance only for her to start moving her arms around in the air, creating a small orb of wind above her head, leaving the men in front of her astonished. As she nears her demonstration's end, she quickly got back into her normal standing position, she inhaled and exhaled calmly until she opened her eyes to the members of The White Lotus in complete awe.

"So, is she what you're looking for?" Tom asked with his voice full of hope and expectancy

The three men exchanged glances at one another as Marinette stepped back and immediately ran to her parent's embrace. She then turned around and remained tangled in her mother's arms, waiting for an answer from the men standing in front of them. The 3 of them all looked at each other and nodded simultaneously as they turned their gaze back to the family.

"I think we've found the new Avatar..." The man in the middle said proudly causing Tom and Sabine to burst out in happiness as well as Marinette giggling with joy

After moments of rejoicing, instructions for Marinette were given to Tom and Sabine due to the fact that she was confirmed to be the girl they were looking for. When she would come of age, she would move into the White Lotus compound fortress where she would remained protected from any harm that would disrupt her training.

Nobody was to know about the existence of the Avatar due to the fact there would be people out there who would do anything to get rid of her and prevent her from fulfilling her duties. She had to remain a secret under all costs, no matter what and that's why she'll be locked away in the south pole, training until both her spiritual and physical abilites are mastered.

At first, Tom and Sabine weren't really on board with their daughter leaving them for such a long time, only to be isolated from the rest of the world for who knows how long. The White Lotus then explained that this has always been her fate and destiny from the moment she came into the world and that there was no escaping the fact that hiding her away was for her own safety.

As hard as it was for Marinette's parents to accept, they discussed it privately and agreed to let their little girl go into the hands of The White Lotus. As much as they hated it, they needed to accept the fact that this is reality and if they want their daughter to succeed and be happy in life, this was the way.

She had this incredible gift that couldn't be let go to waste, so that's exactly what they were allowing these men to do. They were still allowed to visit and even live in the compound if they preferred but it wasn't reccomended, because they want Marinette to fully focus on her training without distractions.

So after a lot of discussion and debating, Tom and Sabine finally agreed on what they needed to do. No parent enjoys being apart from their child or even picture them in life-threatning situations but this is exactly what her parents were going through . They talked with the members of the organization to plan out how the next few years for Marinette would be like and in some topics, it did sting to talk about but they accepted that this was now their daughter's future...

and all they could do was accept it.

-

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Im fairly new to writing about ATLA and LOK so if anything isn't accurate or how its supposed to be, don't hesitate to give me youe opinion and I will work on it in the future! <3

Hope you guys have a great week and day/night! Remember to comment and vote! ^w^