- Chpt 5: Bad first impressions -

-

Making their way back to Air Temple Island, they boarded a ferry where both Plagg and Tikki could fit due to their immense size. As they crossed the waters around the city, a statue of Aang could be seen from afar in which Marinette noticed Jinora staring adoringly. The girl knew how much Aang meant to Jinora even if they never got the chance to meet personally.

Their grandfather-granddaughter relationship has always been connected more through the spiritual aspects, like Aang wanted for Tenzin but Jinora thankfully was blessed with the ability to go into the spirit world and communicate with them.

Due to is still very early in the day, Marinette agreed to have lunch over at the Air Temple before she went back to the fortress in the South Pole. As they neared the island, Marinette spotted in the corner of her eye, Tikki, a polar bear dog, snuggled up sleeping next to Plagg, a giant sky bison, as they both looked sound asleep. The girl found it very endearing since both animals have only ever met a few times and every single time that they did, it looked like they were best friends who've known each other for a lifetime.

A few minutes later, the ferry that they were all mounted on finally arrived at the harbor of Air Temple Island. Once they got off, Marinette noticed that a larger ship was docked aside there as well with a few people standing beside it, which were members of the White Lotus with very serious looks on their faces. The bluenette takes a look at the men before slightly lowering her head down sadly while sighing. Seconds later, two Air Nomad gliders came swooping down which just happened to be Nela and Ono, Jinora's daughters. The two girls landed on the ground and once they saw Marinette, they immediately ran towards her snd engulfed her in a tight hug.

"Marinette!" The two girls exclaimed happily as they held on tightly and then looked back to their mother who was standing there watching it all happen.

A little backstory on Nela and Ono because they have had quite the history behind them. As said before, they are Jinora and Kai's daughters. They were born in Republic City a few years after Kai and Jinora got married. Nela is the oldest, being 12 years old and Ono is youngest as she is only 8. They were both named with names traditional to where they're from such as the Air Nomads and Earth Kingdom territories, which is where Kai and Jinora are from.

"Are you coming to live with us on the island, Mari?" Ono asked insightfully with a hint if excitement as well

"No, I'm sorry, Ono. I have to go home to the South Pole" Marinette sighed,
placing her hands on both of Nela and Ono's shoulders

Ono sighs and bows her head in disappointment and sadness which is something that Jinora takes slight compassion for. Marinette then turned around and started to lead Tikki back to the cargo ship where the members of the White Lotus were waiting for her so that they could take her back home. She didn't really want to believe this was it because she just got to the city and already managed to mess up, but she figured that if she caused this much damage on her first day, it's probably best if she didn't stick around any longer.

"W-Wait!" Marinette heard a familiar voice from behind, in which she recognized it as Jinora's

The girl stops walking even when the members of the White Lotus are coming in her direction to take her away. Even so, Jinora walks up to Marinette and stands before her and letting out a defeating sigh as she places her hands on the bluenette's shoulders.

"I have to admit, I have done my best to guide Republic City toward the dream my dad, grandfather and Korra had for it, but in some strange way, I think you're right. It has fallen out of balance since everyone I knew passed away and it's only been up to me to take care of things around here. I thought I should put off your training in order to uphold my family's legacy and wishes but I realized that you are his legacy. So, I might regret saying this in the future, you may stay here in Republic City and finish your training with me. The world needs its Avatar again, and you're just the girl for the job" Jinora finished saying causing Marinette to gasp for air excitedly