- Chpt 3: Republic City -

-

The next few days went by like a breeze. Marinette spent most of her time training but also packing her belongings in order to be ready to head to Republic City the next day. Jinora had to go to Air Temple island to have everything prepared for Marinette's arrival but she'll still have to travel alone through train while Jinora took one of the sky bison by herself.

As the day went by, Marinette felt her excitement grow to unmeasurable lengths. She couldn't stop thinking about all the things she'll be able to do once she arrives in Republic City. Things such as strolling through the bustling city, training on Air Temple island just like past Avatars did, meeting new people and overall just starting anew.

The sun started to set on the South Pole and the bluenette's bags were almost packed completely. She just needed to get a few essentials for the journey since the Earth Kingdom was still incredibly far away.

As she prepared herself in her room, she suddenly heard the door open and even tho she had her back facing the person who just came in, she immediately knew who it was. Marinette turned around to see Jinora standing at the entrance with an unreadable expression.

"So tomorrow's the big day, isn't it?" Jinora said stepping forward

"It really is" Marinette said simply

A moment of silence overtook the room and the two people standing in the middle of it. That's when Jinora suddenly decided to step closer, trying to get a better sense of how Marinette might be feeling in that moment. She had a pretty good idea of it but she also wanted to stay as supportive as she possibly could, because she knows that's what she needs the most in that very moment.

"I just want to say how proud I am of you, you've come a long way and you're about to go into a new stage in your life" Jinora said placing her hands on both of Marinette's shoulders

"Thanks, Jinora. Its really hard to believe that what Ive been dreaming of for so long is finally happening. I honestly thought all of you would be against it but Im glad you believe in me" Marinette smiled as she continued heading over to her closet, grabbing the items she needed

"There wasn't any reason for me to prevent you from doing so. These rules didn't do any good in the past, and we're not making the same mistakes twice. We want you to take chances and learn because that's the only way you'll become a better Avatar" Jinora said

"I'm already a better Avatar thanks to you. I'm going out into the real world for the first time and it's all because of you, and I can't thank you enough" Marinette smiled warmly as she placed her last item of clothing into her bag

Jinora didn't say much after that and all she could do was display a smile full of love and affection towards the girl. She had been by Marinette's side ever since she was a child and seeing her grow up into the woman she is now has been an incredible experience for her. She was truly a unique Avatar, and even if she hasn't had the chance to fulfill her duties, it was all going to change once she arrives to Republic City.

"I believe in you, Marinette. I'll be there by your side, just like my father was with Korra when her time to grow even more came" Jinora sighed, keeping an encouraging look on her face very prominent

"I know and i'll be there too" Marinette sent her another smile as she zipped up her bags and placed them next to her bed

The two shared small talk not long after that encouraging conversation. They went over the rules that will go into Marinette being in the big city for the first time, including her identity staying a secret, not leaving Air Temple island unless permitted or with guards by her side watching her every move and no bending outside of the island, which is something she didn't understand because Marinette always thought as Republic City as a place of unity where benders and non-benders could live in peace.