- Chpt 4: Slipped my mind -

-

A few hours after Marinette's traffic incident with Tikki, Jinora arrived on the docks as she rode one of the sky bison from Air Temple Island. She landed in a safe spot and handed Plagg, the sky bison, some cheese to snack on before she left to look around the area to see if she could find the bluenette anywhere.

What she didn't know is that while Tikki was running around freely across town, pedestrians and bystanders all took it as a chance to record it all from hundreds of different sources. Marinette hadn't realized it had happened during the spree because she was trying to get her polar bear dog to stop in her tracks the entire time.

Jinora looked around the block for any signs of the girl but the deeper she went inside the place, the more confused she got. She was sure that she told Marinette to go to the designated spot she instructed but she checked more than twice and still no sign of her.

As she made her way back to Plagg so she could get back to Air Temple island, hoping she'd find Marinette there, Jinora overheard a conversation by a couple of civilians nearby. She knew it was highly inappropriate and not morally correct but she couldn't help it, she'd run out of options at that point.

"Did you hear about the polar bear dog loose running around the streets?" One of the civilians said, catching Jinora's attention

"Yeah! This crazy water tribe girl was on it and let it run wherever it wanted. Take about irresponsible, huh?" The other civilian said and that's when Jinora knew that it was Marinette

Who else would have a polar bear dog running loose through the city. Those animals aren't even allowed unless they're tamed and registered under the city population and locked up in rescue centers. When Jinora heard the term "crazy water tribe girl", she put two and two together realizing Tikki was the one running rampant through the streets.

"I heard she tried to bend and attacked innocent people with it, too! I mean, who does she think she is?" One of them gossiped, not actually knowing if it's true or not, as a scoff escaped their mouth making Jinora's eyes go wide

"Benders are what's wrong with today's world...they just think they're above us and act all high and mighty because they have these abnormal abilities that some of us don't" The other said in an annoyed tone

As much as the airbender wanted to go over there and set them right, she knew it would ve wrong to pick a fight, especially because she should be looking for Marinette and the girl should be her priority. She knew for a fact that the bluenette wouldn't be capable of such actions since she has a heart of gold and only looks out for people's safety before her own, even if she has the power vested in her to the opposite.

It angered her to think that people still had that mindset even after everything benders have done to contribute the world, like the Avatar. Jinora would describe it as far from being related to inequality, more like a way to be in connection to your spirit and culture you're born into.

Jinora took a few deep breaths and headed back to Plagg so was currently taking a nap, right after finishing the small pieces of food he was given in the meantime a few minutes prior. Once she mounted the sky bison, she was seated on the saddle on top and woke him up so that they could leave.

"Plagg, yip-yip..." Jinora said and with that, the sky bison elevated itself up to the sky and headed over to the temple

-