Chapter 29

It's currently lunchtime. Y/N looks at his watch and it shows 12:06 pm.

"It's lunchtime already." Y/N goes to the office kitchen.

He enters and then encountered Yena who was sipping her coffee from her cup.

"Hello, sir." She bows at him.

"Yeah."

"Should I make one for you?"

"No thanks." Y/N calmly makes his coffee while she anxiously watches.

On the other hand, Yena feels a bit curious about yesterday but she felt scared to ask him a question about it. But she musters up all her courage just to ask him regarding last night.

"Excuse me." Y/N looks at her.

"I didn't say anything stupid, didn't I? I was really wasted yesterday and I-"

"I love you." Yena was stunned by his word.

"W-What? S-Sir..."

"It was my fault. I love you. I love you. I love you."

"Y-Y/N..." For a brief moment, Yena was fluttered by his words.

"That was what you said last night."

"Y-Yes?"

"And do you know what's my reply?" He moves closer and closer to her. He then gets his face closer towards her and she closes her eyes.

"I said..." Yena grips her fists to prepare what's coming.

"I said... that it's all nonsense." She opens her eyes in surprise.

"So, please. I don't want you anymore. I have given my all to you back then. And I don't expect you to give yours. Because I will never accept it." He backs away from her and grabs his cup.

As he was about to leave, Yena stops him by grabbing his hand.

"I'm really sorry. I know just a simple apology won't settle it all and it won't fix your heart anymore. And I don't expect you to like me back too. I know you had closed your heart for me and I understand. All I want now is... for you to treat me good. I'm really sorry for talking informally with you sir. I'll leave now."

Yena tried to leave but then she was pulled by Y/N and goes into his embrace. She was very surprised by his sudden action. He just pulled her into a hug.

"It's good that you think that way. Because I... I really want to close it for good. To be honest, when I saw you again after 5 years, you had accidentally opened it. I keep trying to close it... but I don't dare to do it. There was still somehow a stupid hope inside of me... wanting you back."

"Y-Y/N... I..."

"But I can't betray her. She's about to be my wife. And I love her. She returned the love that I eagerly want so much. I give it and get it back. But when I was with you, I give it, but never get it back."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry that only now I'm sincere... I'm really sorry that I only realize it now. It was all my fault. My fault. And I know I can't turn back the time to 5 years ago. But just know that I'm always gonna love you."

"Don't love me. It'll hurt you more."

"If it's you, I won't be hurt." Yena pulls away from their hug.

"Thank you for the hug, sir. It really comforts me. I'll be going now, sir." She leaves the office kitchen and Y/N stands there quietly.

However, little did they know that someone has been eavesdropping on their whole conversation behind the door.