Chapter 30

After work, Y/N is on his way to meet someone. Someone that he's so close with. He left early and heads to a street stall nearby his workplace.

He enters and sits down while waiting for the person to arrive. After he waits for about 15 minutes, the person he anticipated had arrived.

"Y/N!" He looks in the direction of the sound.

"Jae hyung!"

He sees his old friend waving at him with a smile. It also made him smile and he waves back at him. Jae goes towards him and sits down.

"Been a while Y/N."

"Yes hyung. It's been a while."

"What's with your expression? Did you have any trouble while working?"

"Let's drink first." He gave a small smile at him. Jae knew him the best and he knows something's wrong with him.

They ordered some soju and snacks. After it arrived, they immediately pour each other alcohol into a small glass. They clinked each other's glasses and drink the soju.

"Wow. That's so refreshing. Been a while since I've drunk alcohol."

"Since when you didn't drink?"

"Since I debuted with DAY6."

"Did they prohibit you from drinking?"

"No, not really. I just... I just can't drink without you. Even when I have my other close friends, I still can't. It feels different unlike our times in college."

"College... Yeah, it was different."

"I haven't heard from you for a month. You must've been super busy."

"Yes, I'm super busy. I could say it's been pretty hectic in my office because of work. I regret working hard and getting promoted to be a CEO. Too much burden." Jae giggled.

"How's her?"

"Who? Minju?"

"Choi Yena." The atmosphere between them is filled with silence. After taking a few shots, Y/N breaks the silence.

"She still hasn't changed."

"Her personality or her face?"

"Her beautiful face."

"What about her personality?"

"Changed 180 degrees. The Yena I knew from college, isn't the Yena she used to be."

"So, the problem comes from her?" Y/N nods.

"I guess you could say that. Her changed self made me feel different. It felt like... it's not me who's desperate for her like back then. Instead, it's her who's desperate for me."

"Y/N. I know it's hard to move on especially since she was your first love. But you have to remember that you have a fiancee. And you're about to get married."

"I tried to resist it hyung. I tried to but, it doesn't work. I can't move on from her."

"Y/N. You hated her."

"Yes, I did. But now... Her actions made me feel like I'm the Y/N back then who had been simping hard for her."

"Don't let her get inside your life again, Y/N. Remember the scar she left on your heart? She could reopen your scar and this time you'll be in more pain."

"I'm gonna try it hyung. Though I have tried it so many times, I'm gonna try it. But... she said even if I couldn't be with her, she just wanted me to treat her good."