Chapter 42

2 weeks later...

Minju and Seonghyeon are currently on the rooftop garden holding hands with each other. However, Minju felt hesitant to say the words to him. But she goes for it.

"Babe."

"Yes?"

"I think... I think it's time for you to meet my parents."

"What? Your parents?"

"Why? You don't want to?"

"No, it's not that I don't want to. But it's so early to meet them. Can we date for a few months first and then meet them?"

"I just don't want to do it later. I'm sure they're gonna be alright with you. They'll like you."

"I'm hoping they are."

"Don't worry. If anything ever happens, I'll protect you. Because I love you so much."

"You saying that made me look like a weak man. I'm not weak. I'll meet with your parents and tell them that I love you so much."

"I'm glad to hear that."

Then, Minju leans on his shoulder. Seonghyeon slowly caresses her hair with gentleness and affection.

"Why is it that I feel your love is more sincere than Y/N?"

"Because you're my first love and I love you with all my life?" Minju looks into Seonghyeon's eyes. A slow smile spread over her mouth and spilled into his eyes.

"What a nice answer." Minju leans in for an affectionate kiss. She smiles brightly in front of him and bloomed more flowers inside him.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Break time in the office and the employees are scattered all over the office building. Y/N noticed that Yena is already taking her break as her seat is now empty.

"I guess I should go take a break too." He sighed.

He walked to the canteen to make his usual coffee, but only to be stopped by an interesting conversation.

From the familiar voices, he recognizes Yena and Hyungwon's voices. He stopped and leaned against the nearest wall and plastered his ears on the wall.

"Dinner tonight? 8:30?" The man's voice asked, which then replied with an enthusiastic ducky squeal.

A ringtone was heard and footsteps are approaching Y/N. Hyungwon appeared with a phone in his right ear, answering the call in a hurry as he leaves.

Which made it more fascinating is that he didn't even see Y/N at all. Y/N felt disgusted upon hearing the keen reply from Yena. He scoffed and walked away from the scene. 

Upon reaching his office, he sat down and leaned on his chair while trying to clear his head out.

'Why did that bother me so much?' Y/N thought to himself as he bit his tongue. 

'Goddamn it, Yena. What are you doing to me?'

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In a fancy, expensive restaurant that is lit well with a pleasant and fashionable atmosphere, a table for four was prepared, supposedly for important folks.

It was Minju, who brought Seonghyeon, to introduce her new lover to her beloved parents. After a few moments, the two pairs arrived at their table, Minju, and Seonghyeon first, then followed by her parents.