Him (Draft)

He walked down the halls like he owned the place. I rolled my eyes.

'Are you kidding me? Why? Of all colleges in the world, why did you have to choose this one?' I screamed in my head. My hands started shaking. I was nervous. I hadn't seen him since he left. I cursed myself for feeling this way. I shouldn't have felt like that. He broke me. I changed everything about myself to forget him, but he was back.

'Please don't come over here. Please.' I begged him in my head. But it did nothing. He came over anyway. I took a deep breath and tried to continue my conversation with my friends.

"Cass," Rose said. She motioned with her eyes for me to turn around. I didn't budge. I didn't want to face him again.

"Hey," he said cooly. My heart dropped to my stomach. 'Nope! Don't do it Dahlia!' I thought. But despite my thoughts and my mind's best efforts, my body turned. My stomach flipped. He was taller than I remembered. And even more handsome. His green eyes sparkled and his dark, disheveled hair looked like he just woke up. He had a perfect tan and through his dark eyelashes he looked at me. 'No! Dahlia! No!' My subconscious finally was getting to me.

"What? Can't you see I'm talking to someone?" I said rudely. He smirked and I almost died. 'STOP!' I told myself. 'Remember what he did.'

"You're pretty cute for a redhead." He said, still giving a smirk that could melt a heart. I rolled my eyes at his comment and continued ignoring him.

"What did you do over the break, Jessie?" She raised an eyebrow and tucked her lips into her mouth. I gave her a death glare.

"Umm, I uh... went surfing with my dad and saw James again." I was relieved that I finally got her talking. Once she started, it was hard to stop her. "And? What did you do?"

"Well, I didn't talk to him if that's what you mean." She continued on. I tuned out. I looked at my watch, "Hey, Jessie I've gotta go. My class is gonna start." She smiled and hugged me. I missed Amber. She would've known exactly what to do. I sighed and walked towards my first class. Little did I know that my day was about to get worse than before. Not only my day, my whole life would be turned upside down by that boy with emerald eyes.