Lilacs (Draft)

I called into work sick and didn't have any classes. I ended up staying on the couch for the whole day. Despite the aspirin, my head wouldn't stop pounding. But the whole time I was laying, I kept thinking of Alex. He made me feel whole again. He made me feel like I was worth something. He made me feel like I wasn't just a fake smile in the sea of faces. He could make me take my guard down without me even noticing.

No one had made me feel like that since Marcus. I started thinking about Marcus and Alex. How different they were. Not only in looks, but personality, their characters. Everything about Alex was different from Marcus. It was like they were foils of one another. Alex was kind, funny, sweet, witty. Marcus was manipulative, arrogant, prideful, and attention seeking. Alex had the traits that I thought Marcus had. He was everything that I thought Marcus was.

A few hours later, Alex burst into the dorm smiling. "Hellllo, gorgeous!" He yelled. I sneered at the comment and he tossed a small bouquet of lilacs at me. They hit me in the face.

I looked at the bouquet as it fell into my lap. It was so pretty. It made me think of my first anniversary with Marcus. He gave me a bouquet of Wolf's lilacs and took me to my favorite museum.

'Gods! Do you have to connect him to everything?' My snarky inner self said.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Get your lazy, good for nothing, tuchus off the couch."

"What the-"

"Come on!" He whined. "I'm serious. Get dressed." He helped me off the couch. I started walking towards my room.

"Puede que no sirve para nada, pero ese es un trasero atractivo." I turned around. I recognized one word and I glared at him. He waved at me.

'What am I gonna do with him? He can get me to do anything.' I thought.

"Five bucks says I'm gonna be in trouble with him around." I said aloud to myself.