A Fresh Start (Draft)

After what he did, I was a mess. I wasn't myself anymore. I was secluded and I felt alone. I'd always felt farther away from my family than most people, but after that I got further away. My stepmom ignored my cries in the night, my father was too busy to notice, and what friends I had all left me after what Marcus did.

Then we moved. That's when I decided I would be different. It was the beginning of junior year and I wanted to change. I didn't want to be who I used to be. So I changed everything about myself. My blonde hair turned red, my grey eyes (with the help of contacts) turned almost black, I even started going by my middle name, Cassandra. But what changed the most was my personality. I'd always been the more reserved kid. The quiet but smart kid in the back of the class that made others look bad on purpose. From then on, I became a cheerleader. I became popular. I was smart, but I rarely showed it. I kept my grades, but I never did anything that would resemble who I was before.

Senior year, I was prom queen. I had the stereotypical boyfriend, a blonde quarterback with blue eyes. He was the prom king. I was voted to most likely to succeed. I was the valedictorian. I was accepted to colleges all around the world. I was happy. I had a plan. My life would go on. I wouldn't have to think about the only boy that I ever truly loved. The one who broke my heart in a way that I felt couldn't be fixed. That was until my first day of college. That's when my life was flipped around and turned upside down. When I re-met the boy who broke me: Marcus Grey.