Chapter Four: Allard's Kidnapping

It was morning. There were two beds in the tent that Atticus was sleeping, so I slept there. Ever since I came to this world, I haven't slept so I must say, It felt great. I woke up and stretched. I looked at Atticus's bed and he wasn't there.
"Where did he go?" I murmured to myself. The tent's hinged door opened and the sun greeted me. It was so bright, it blinded me. There was a shadow in front of the sun.
"Breakfast is here," a voice said, it's Atticus.
"Breakfast? my stomach growled.
"You must be really hungry." he chuckled. I'm so embarrassed.
"Here's your food." Atticus said as he gave it to me.
"Thank you." I look deep into his eyes. It's gold and it's sparkling like the sun.
"Is there something on my face?"
"Your eyes are so beautiful... I have never seen anything like them..." I blurted out. Oh crap, did I just say it out loud?
"Thank you, Nobody ever told me that before." I looked down on the tray that Atticus gave me. It had porridge and bread on it. I begin to eat it, it's so delicious.
"You're welcome." I replied.

After breakfast, I went to see Toya and Allard. Atticus came with me. As we were walking to her tent, "So you named the baby Allard?" he asked.
"Yep I did" I said.
"It's a peculiar name, so unique."
"Allard means noble and brave. When he grows up, he'll be brave and strong, he will protect his family." I said.
"Good choice"
"Thank y-" I was cut off by someone screaming. It was Toya. Atticus and I ran up to her.
"My baby! My baby!" Toya screamed.
"What happened to Allard?" I asked.
"He was... He was kidnapped!" She broke down crying.
"What?! By who?" Atticus asked. A woman came and comforted her. "By bandits" she answered. "Dorji and the rest of the men went to get him back."
How could he be kidnapped the day after she gave birth? This seems like no ordinary coincidence.

My thoughts got interrupted by Atticus when he ran off. "Wait, Atticus!" He's too far away to hear me.
"Where is Dorji?" I ask the woman. "He's going to the west side."
"Okay, thank you so much." I ran to Atticus to help him to the best I can. Honestly, I hate running but Allard got kidnapped. I caught up to Atticus.
"Atticus... wait.. for me.." I said panting.
"Jasmine, you shouldn't come with me. This might be dangerous, please go back." "No! I want to help." I showed a determined look that he couldn't refuse.

"Fine, you may come but just be careful," he said reluctantly.
"Okay, thank you." We kept running until we caught up with Dorji. By the time we got there, Dorji and the others were in a heated battle with the bandits.
"Household Vessel Magul Al-Hazard!" Dorji yelled out. A blinding light appeared and is aimed at one of the bandits. From the looks of him, I bet it hurts.
"Stop or I'll kill this baby." A guy said. I'm assuming he's the leader of the bandits.
"Give me back my son or you'll regret it!" Dorji said.
The leader laughed. "They are empty words and besides, this baby is special. I bet I'll get a hefty price if I sell it" Special? Special how? Did someone tell him that?
"Ugh, what a sickening man," Atticus said.

"Now men, go ahead and attack them," He said grinning. The bandits beat up everyone.
"Oh no! Everyone is getting hurt. what are we going to do, Atticus?" I asked him.
"You... are going back to the village and stay there. This is too dangerous for you."
"What?"