Chapter 10: An E ticket attraction

The volcano continues to spew out lava as more comes out of it. And also, the volcano begins to grow big. Mike, Amy, Jennifer, Kai and Sae look at the lava coming as the firemen continue trying to turn over the bus. 

Mike: Alright, we know this stuff is lava. What do I do next?

Amy: You have got to evacuate the Westside. This thing is going to burn through the city until it hits the ocean. 

Mike: The Westside is a million people. 

Amy: There are going to be a million dead or homeless people if we don't evacuate. (Points at the lava) This is going to destroy everything it touches. 

Kai: But we can't just let it destroy the city. We've got to stop it somehow. 

Jennifer: It's a volcano. Nobody's ever stopped a volcano before. 

Sae: Well, we've got to think of something. A lot of people are gonna die if we don't do something. 

Just then, Mike spots something laying in the ash by the entrance of the museum. It's a man, and he's coughing as he lays in the ash-covered sidewalk. And the lava is heading towards him. Mike runs towards him. Amy, Jennifer, Kai, and Sae follow him. The truck with the paintings drive off, and Toji runs over to the safe path from the lava. He didn't see them run by him. They reach the man. 

Mike: Alright, he's still breathing. (To Amy) Can you grab his arm? Grab that right there. 

Mike and Amy grab both his arms as the firemen turn the bus over on its side. 

Fireman: Alright, here comes the lava! Let's go! Let's go!

They all run over to the safe path. Jennifer notices them and runs off as her sister and Mike drag the man by his arms towards the bus, away from the approaching lava. Kai and Sae stay with Mike to see if they can help. 

Mike: Alright, let's get this guy out of here.

Amy: Are you getting a sense of what we are dealing with her? This is a volcano. All we can do is get out of its way.

Mike: Yeah, you mean run for the hills and hide. I can't do that, not ever. 

Kai: I can't do that either. 

Fireman: Look out! Look out!

Mike and Kai look up, and see a burning palm tree coming down. 

Kai: Sae, watch out! 

Mike: (To Amy) Look out!

They both grab the girls, and duck down as the burning tree lands on the road, blocking their way to safely. Mike and Kai look, and see the lava is coming. They both see the burning tree is blocking their escape. 

Kai: Uh, oh...

Sae: Oh, no! We're trapped!

Mike looks around, and sees a ladder on a fire truck. 

Mike: (To Amy, Kai, and Sae) Stay with this guy. Stay with him. (To fireman) Hey, get that ladder over here now!

The fireman hears him, and sees them. He uses the controls, and swings the ladder to their direction. 

Mike: Bring it down!

Amy: What are you gonna do? 

Mike: Get us out of here if I can. 

Momo, Toji, and Jennifer see them trapped, and get worried as the ladder is coming down on them. The ladder hits the flames from the burning tree. 

Fireman: Hey, watch out for those flames! 

Mike: Alright, grab his feet. 

Fireman: Get that ladder out of the fire! The hose is gonna burn!