Chapter 2: Morning shaker

Meanwhile, in a house, an early 50s year-aged man is cooking eggs. He yawns as he cooks. 

Man: Kelly, Josh, the eggs are ready!

In the living room, two kids in their teens are watching TV while the boy is writing on some paper. 

Josh: Coming, dad!

Kelly: Hello? I think I already told you: I don't eat in the morning. 

Josh: (Frowns at her as he gets up) Just come in the kitchen, loser. 

Kelly: Hey! Mom said you have to be nice to me while I'm here. 

Josh ignores her as he walks in the kitchen. He sighs. He loves his sister, but she can be childish sometimes and likes to run her mouth. He decides to turn the kitchen TV to his direction as he goes to sit down at the table. Their dog watches the dad as he carries breakfast to the table. 

Man on TV: The people of my district are being forced to provide over half the taxes for this project. We think that raises the question of fairness. 

The father goes to pick up the pan. He flinches from the hot touch, but carries it. He puts it down on the counter, but accidentally puts it over the edge, and it falls off the counter, spilling the eggs all over the floor. Josh turns around after hearing the noise. The father sees this too. 

Man: (To dog) Max, clean that up. 

Max gets up and walks to the spilled pile. He starts eating the eggs. Josh shakes his head with a smile on his face. He sits back down.

Woman on TV: The line is fully funded by the U.S. government. These people...

Man: (Picks up a box of Corn Flakes) Kelly! Corn flakes are ready! 

He pours the corn flakes in some bowls. Josh takes a jug of milk, and pours it in his bowl. Then he pours the milk in a cup. He gives it to his dad. He looks at the TV as he eats. Norman talks on TV. 

Norman on TV: All the subway's gonna do is make it easier for downtown's problems to make their way west. Drugs, gangs, crime...

Josh shakes his head at this, and continues eating. Meanwhile, with the heroes, they're walking in the city. They left Jiminy in the ship. They all look around the city, seeing it's not in ruins once again is still a surprise to them. 

Sora: Well, here we are again. Back in L.A.

Riku: Yeah. It's like it's never been destroyed by Skynet. 

Kairi: Yeah. Hey, what time is it?

Donald: It's almost 9:14 am. It's such a lovely day here.

Goofy: Yeah, it is. So, where do we start looking for the strange activity, and the fellows who have the good monster cards?

Namine: Yeah, and the city is so big. Where do we find some cards in this place?

Roxas: Probably a card store or something. We should start there.

Sora: (Chuckles) That's actually not a bad idea, Roxas. 

Namine giggles as she kisses Roxas on his cheek. He smiles at her. But just then, everything begins to shake. Everyone looks around.

Goofy: Uh, oh! Earthquake!

The heroes all run to a wall, and duck down to protect themselves, along with other people. The area continues shaking as some cars crash. Sora covers Kairi as Roxas covers Namine. The quake lasts for 16 seconds until it stops. The whole area stops shaking. Everyone looks around.