Chapter 34

He was gone, the first thing I saw when I woke up was an empty couch. The blanket was folded and the pillow was neatly placed on top.

I turned my head over and the floor was clear of any evidence that he was here. His clothes were picked up off of the carpet and his bags disappeared from the chair in the corner.

Feeling my lip twitch I had an overwhelming feeling of despair.

I was alone.

I told him not to leave and he did, what was I supposed to do now? Sitting up against the headboard I looked around for a note, checked my phone for a text, anything I could to tell me where he had run off to.

But there wasn't a trace.

I held my head in my hands, tucking my knees into my chest, and crying from the loss. Why would he leave? He promised me he wouldn't.

These thoughts circled in my mind, was I that much of a burden? A sharp pain panged in my chest as I tried to catch my breath from the tears that made me feel choked up.

I didn't hear the door unlock, Aaron walked in slowly and quietly. He was holding two drinks in his hands, trying not to drop them.

He left this morning hoping he'd be back before I woke up but that of course wasn't the case. So when he heard the noise on the bed and the sight of me falling apart he put down the drinks and rushed over to my side.

Even with his presence at my side I didn't notice. Aaron knew and did something he wouldn't have done without my permission but he needed me to know he was there.

I felt fingers calmly wrap around my wrist and a soft voice calling my name. "Y/n it's okay, baby I'm right here. I need you to look at me."

I raised my head and pulled my hand away from his grasp, I spoke through a hoarse voice. "I told you not to leave."

"I know sweetheart and I'm sorry."

"What is that?" I nodded my head towards the desk. Still calming down from my break down. All Aaron wanted to do was wrap his arms around me and whisper it was going to be okay. He couldn't do that.

"I got you a coffee."

I asked for it and he handed it over. "Are we going to the hospital today?"

"Yeah we are, I also got some plastic bags to put your clothes in." He then went around the room, collecting my clothes from last night.

The morning dragged on, while Aaron was in the bathroom I took the time to get changed. Texting Emily to meet me in my room in a few minutes, it gave me time to brush my teeth and put on a pair of shoes.

With a knock on the door Aaron went to answer it. Emily stood in the hallway, "What's up?"

"Something happened, y/n doesn't want people to know but she wants you there." Emily was confused, trying to figure it out.

With her eyes on me, scanning my body she took notice of the bruises and cuts. I sat on the bed and she stepped closer to me.

With sad eyes I jumped into her arms. It's what I needed, warm arms, someone to hold me. Emily was furrowing her brow and staring at Aaron the whole time.

____

At the hospital I asked the SANEs if it was okay to have Emily in the room with me to get the exam and she nodded.

She asked various questions like if I had showered, or washed anything off.

She took a detailed history while she collected my things and stored them into a bag. Then came the body examination, she made sure I was comfortable, re-asking me if I was sure I wanted Emily in the room.