Chapter 21

I opened my eyes when I felt Aaron tapping my chest. He was still in the same spot as last night, his head was buried in my neck.

I moved my hand into his head, gently pulling. "What is it?", I groaned and looked down at him.

"I'm hungry."

I chuckled lightly, "What do you feel like?" He moved his head and rested his chin on me.

"Pancakes."

"Strong man like you wants pancakes." He nodded and we smiled tiredly. "Okay from where?"

"There's this little café, down the street actually. Uh-- Ricky's, they have the best pancakes."

I kiss the top of his head, "Okay, get ready." Aaron dragged himself off of me and stood. I reached a hand towards him.

"Can't get up yourself." I shook my head. He grabbed onto both hands and I jumped up. His hands met at my hips and we kissed lazily.

I pulled away and he groaned, "Come on, it's nine. We have to get there before breakfast is over."

"Fine."

As he walked upstairs I followed behind him, slapping his ass. He turned around and grinned, "What you do it to me all the time, don't do it if you can't handle the same treatment"

Chuckling we stripped off our pajamas and put on a t-shirt and jeans.

____

We order our food and the waitress gives us our coffee. Across the diner someone catches my eyes, "Of course they're here."

"Who?"

"The team." Aaron turned around enough to see and they saw us as well. Sending small smiles and waves. My phone rings on the table and my screen lights up from a text.

Emily: How are you love birds doing?

She mainly says it to tease but I knew she suspects something. The way we were acting at the party was so normal and they didn't think twice about thinking something was happening.

"Who's that?" I look up at him and he takes a sip of his black coffee. "Never mind."

Y/n: We're fine, thank you

I flip her off from under the table and she laughs.

____

Getting back to the penthouse I settled on the balcony in front of the firepit with a book in hand.

I was always interested in SEAL autobiographies, maybe it had something to do with what I do for a living now. It was always interesting to hear about what missions they had during their deployments.

It was basically just true stories about wars, I read books about anything I could get my hands on. You learn one thing from a history book but reading about the people that actually went through it is something completely different.

Aaron was inside but I heard the door open and shut behind him. He sat next to me, "I just got a call."

"From?"

"Our best friend."

I close the book and we walk inside, "What he say?"

"That there was a car downstairs, waiting for us. I already texted the team." Putting on shoes we get into the elevator.

Downstairs there was a black SUV parked along the curb. Going through the front entrance a man approaches us and leads us into the car. I gripped Aarons hand, he was the only one with me.