- Care -

I awoke about an hour later, my head was pounding, and my throat was sore.

I sat up slowly, taking in a deep breath, and putting my hand over my chest. I looked around at my surroundings carefully. I gathered that I was probably in a doctor's office.

I looked onto a little stand that was by my bed to find a note and my phone.

The note read 'Dear Y/n, we brought you to the hospital as soon as we found you. We're going and getting you some snacks, we'll be back soon.
- Love, Mom and Dad

I picked up my phone to see a missed call from Daichi, and a few texts from him as well.

Daichi ✌🏻

'Y/n, are you really okay, you went off so quick.'

'Y/n, please answer.'

'I'm worried.'

'Okay, that's it, I'm coming over to check on you.'

The last text was sent about five minutes ago, so I quickly called him.

"Y/n? God I was so worried, I'm on my way to your house right now."

"Hey Daichi, could you not come today? Please? I'm not even home right now and-"

"Where are you? I'll come see you there."

I felt as if there was a lump in my throat. I didn't wanna lie to him, but I also knew he'd freak out if I told him the truth.

"I'm at my aunt's house." I lied quickly, hoping he wouldn't be able to tell.

"Y/n. I know you're lying, you aren't a good liar. Why have you been keeping secrets lately? You're like my little sister, and I'm worried about you."

I opened my mouth to reply, but then shut it. There's no use lying to him anymore. I just don't need to tell him why I'm here. Yeah, that's right.

"I'm at the hospital. Please don't freak out, it's nothing serious!" I said quickly.

"What the fuck, I'm on my way." He replied before hanging up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear. My instinct was to call Kenma, and tell him what was going on, so that's what I did.

After a few rings he picked up.

'Hey, what's up?' I heard Kenma's voice and took a deep breath.

'Hey Kenma, do you have a minute?' I asked, trying not to rush.

'Yeah, what's going on? Did you make it back safe?' He asked, I could detect a little bit of worry in his voice.

'Yeah, I got back fine. Look, I went to practice and it got bad. I got back and I passed out. Now I'm at the hospital.'

It was silent on the other end, he was probably procesing the information.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

'Yeah, I'm alive so I'm good.' I chuckled a bit before continuing. 'But Daichi is coming and I don't know what to tell him.' I explained.

'I know you don't want to tell him, but you probably should. And you need to be more careful.' Kenma advised, it made me laugh a bit. It felt like I was getting lectured.

'What's funny?'

'Oh nothing, just feels like I'm getting lectured.' I replied honestly.