- Fine, I'm Interested -

We had finally finished our match. Well, our matches. Hinata had insisted on playing multiple games.

So at this point, I was practically dead, I dragged myself over to my bag and grabbed my inhaler.

I stepped out into the hall by the gym, making sure nobody was there I took it out and inhaled a few puffs.

Looking again I thought I saw someone go behind the corner, but as I walked over I saw nobody.

I could feel my heart racing, what if someone was actually there? Who was it? If someone was there I'm fucked.

I walked back out and put my inhaler back in my bag, making sure nobody saw what I had.

I saw Kuroo come towards me and I turned to face him, giving him a smile despite my body wanting to shut down.

"You played a good game! But obviously it wasn't enough to beat me." He said confidently and I scoffed.

"Oh please, it was a team effort. And anyways, we'll beat you in a real match, no doubt." I said and he laughed.

"Anyways what I came here to ask," He began, "I was wondering if you wanna come over, since you're already here in Tokyo." He finished looking at me hopefully.

"Kuroo, you realize I have school tomorrow, and you do as well. How about this weekend instead? After all, it is a long weekend." I offered, we would only have to wait another two days.

"Aww are you actually gonna come? You barely ever come out here." He says, remembering the times I had always refused, mainly because I didn't want to drive all the way here.

"I promise I'll come." I said sighing.

"Great! I can even try and drag Kenma along." He said, making his voice louder so that the setter could hear him.

Kenma walked swiftly and soundlessly over to stand behind Kuroo. "You aren't dragging me anywhere." He said in a monotone voice.

Kuroo jumped high into the air, letting out a small scream as me and Kenma chuckled.

"Dude, you're gonna kill me someday!" Kuroo said, holding his hand over his heart.

I let out a loud laugh and Kenma just continued to chuckle.

Kuroo looked at both of us and smiled. "Look at this, my two best friends getting along!" He said as he pulled us both into a hug. I just let it happen, unlike Kenma, who was trying to wriggle out of Kuroo's arms.

He eventually let us go and Kenma looked as if he was about to die. "Anyways, I was gonna drag you along to hang out with me and (Y/n)-chan! She's coming to visit this weekend, isn't that wonderful?" He explained to Kenma, giving me a sort of side hug.

"Oh." He resoponded simply. I couldn't help but feel a little dissapointed.

He probably thinks I'm a-

"I'll think about it." He said, before walking off to go play on his phone.

Me and Kuroo were left standing there dumbfounded.

"Did I hear him right?" I asked, looking at Kuroo for verification that I was either losing it, or Kenma was actually interested in something besides his games.

"Yup, you heard him right. Maybe he's taken an interest in you."

Of course that's the conclusion he came to. I thought silently, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever Kuroo, he's known me for like four hours." I said, lightly hitting his arm before heading out to go meet with my teammates.

"I'll see you this weekend!" He shouted at me as I turned around and gave him a small wave.

I continued with my team off to the bus. I was talking to Noya and Tanaka at the moment.

"So are you and that captain friends?" Kageyama askes me out of nowhere.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! I've known him since junior high. I used to live here, so we met at school." I said, giving him a light smile as he nods.

"And you never told me?? I'm hurt (N/n)." Noya said, slumping over while walking.

"Noya don't be that way, you never asked." I said as I walked ahead.

"Hey, wait for me!" Noya yelled, perking up and running onto the bus after me.

Kenma's POV

I sat on the bench after our game with Karasuno, I had to admit, they had a lot of potential. All they needed to do was find a way to really work together.

My mind wandered a bit to a certain (h/c) person on the team.

I didn't know that they had asthma, she does a good job at hiding it. Wait, why are they hiding it? Does their team not know? That would explain why they went into the hallway to take their medicine. Should they even be aloud to play, they might pass out one day if she does. I pondered on these questions for a while before hearing my name.

I walked over to Kuroo and (Y/n) before nearly giving Kuroo a heart attack.

I heard (Y/n)'s laugh and looked over to them quickly. Their laugh was.. cute.

Short time skip.

"So what was all that about?" Kuroo asked as we were walking home. I was playing on my DS as usual.

"What was all what about?" I questioned, eyes not leaving the screen. I honestly didn't know what he was talking about.

"With (Y/n), you said you'd think about hanging out with us." He further explained.

"Yeah, and?" I asked, stealing a quick glance at him before returning to my game.

"Aaand that's not like you!" He yelled a bit too loudly.

I gave him a small glare as he lowered his voice "Gomen." was all he said, waiting for me to respond.

I looked at him for a few seconds, "I don't know what you want me to say." I stated honestly, looking back to my game. It had the words Game Over. Painted across the screen. Dammit.

"Admit it, you like them."

I was taken aback. like them? I've known them for 4 hours!

"I don't like them. I barely know them."

"And? That doesn't change anything. So admit it. You like them." Kuroo insisted, and I already knew this would go on for a while.

"No, I can assure you, I don't." I said, sighing.

"Yet." he chuckled and I glared at him.

We bickered like this, and I eventually put away my game before letting out an exasperated sigh before stopping. I turned fully towards my bedheaded friend.

"Fine, I'm interested, are you happy now?" I said, before storming off into my house, slamming the door behind me.

_________________________________________

End of chapter three

Haha, here we go!

Word Count: 1122