- Practice -

I heard my alarm go off at 5:30am.

Ugh, I have to get uppp. Wait! Practice today! I thought, jumping out of my bed at the thought.

I jumped into the shower, taking my time since I didn't need to be there until seven.

When I got out I put my hair in a high ponytail, so it was out of the way, before putting on my uniform.

I grabbed my volleyball shorts and a plain white shirt and put them in my bag so I could change at school.

I went downstairs, grabbing an apple from the counter.

"Off to school already?" My dad asks with a yawn and I nod quickly.

"I'm practicing with the boys today!" I said as I ran to the door, "See you after school!" I said to him before exiting the house.

I walked down the streets, making my way to the school.

"Hey! Y/n!!" I heard someone shout from behind me, just before someone jumped on my back.

"Noya you're gonna kill me!" I said, laughing as he just sat there.

"Are you excited?? We get to go to Tokyo and play Nekoma! Did you hear??" He said, while still on my back.

"No, why didn't Daichi tell me?" I asked, kinda hurt that he didn't inform me.

"Oh, you weren't at practice last night. He told us then!" He said and I nodded my head.

"Sorry, I just couldn't make it last night." I said, "I just had to do something." I finished, feeling guilty.

Nobody knew the reason I was gone. I had actually gone to my doctor's office. They were talking to me about how I needed to rest more, not overwork myself.

Because you see, I have asthma. And I know that doesn't sound bad, but mine is. It's bad that I overwork myself, and even worse that the team doesn't know. Nobody really knows.

"It's fine! I don't think we really minded. You don't really have anything you need to improve on. You're such a great player!" Nishinoya says with literal sparkles in his eyes.

I just laughed nervously. "You are as well, give yourself some credit!" I said, lightly hitting his arm as we both laughed.

I saw the school come into view and started running. Nishinoya was yelling on my back and I just smiled and continued.

As we got to the gym Noya jumped off of my back, "Thanks for the ride!" He said as we laughed.

I felt my throat closing up, and my chest hurt really bad from running, it hurt to laugh.

"I'm gonna go change!" I said to Noya, Hinata, and Kageyama.

"Okay!" they all said before Noya and Hinata started jumping around.

I quickly went into the locker room before collapsing on the floor. I frantically searched for my inhaler, praying that I wouldn't pass out. I finally found it at the bottom of my bag.

I quickly took two puffs of the medicine. I was still trying to catch my breath, but I could feel all the pain slowly ebbing away.

When I finally got my breathing under control I changed into my white shirt and volleyball shorts.

I walked back out onto the court in my clothes.

"Took you long enough, are you okay?" Hinata asked, coming up right by my side when I walked out.

"Oh yeah, I just couldn't find my shorts." I lied instantly.

Fuck.

I knew I needed to tell them. But I was afraid Daichi wouldn't let me play if he knew. He was like my older brother, so if it could possibly hurt me, he wouldn't allow it.