Chapter 6

I entered the Afton's house with Elizabeth, I looked around but could not see Michael anywhere, I was a bit confused about what happened, nevertheless, I just ignored it. He was a moody teenager anyway. William greeted me. 

"I would give you a tour of this house because you are the guest but seeming you have been here before I'm guessing I don't have too?" William said.
"Well I was only here for a split second." You added
he agreed and showed you around the house, it was not a big house but it was big enough to carry a family of 3.
"Well that's the end of the tour, would you now like to have dinner?" he asked. I heard Elizabeth shout "yeah!" multiple times while jumping up and down. I guess she was excited for dinner.

I sat down on the chair and started eating dinner with William and Elizabeth, that's when a question popped into my mind.
"Hey William."
"Yeah?"
"Where's your wife?"
"Oh her..." William stopped talking but Elizabeth stood in for him.
"She left-Elizabeth said still smiling-Daddy said she had to leave for work and she will be coming back soon." Elizabeth answered.
"...I should start cleaning up the dishes now." William spoke up.
"Uh, should I help?" I asked.
"No dear its fine, anyway you are the guest.

I went outside to the back to have a break but I was interrupted by William.
"She didn't leave for work did she?" I asked
"No, she didn't." there was a short silence.
"Why did she leave?"
"Well after our youngest son, Chris died she got mad and blamed me, then she packed her things and left." William explained.
"oh, I'm so sorry."
"It's fine dear." He responded. You could hear him mumbling words but the only words you could make out was "she" and "useless"
"what was her name."
"Whose name?"
"Your ex-wife's name"
"oh yeah her name was Clara."
We were both interrupted by Elizabeth again.
"Can we have dessert?!"