Chapter 8

Your back is resting against the headboard with eyes closed. The two are downstairs and you got nothing to do.

A creaking noise then disturbs you from resting. It made your gaze turn on it. And it's Hongjoong who's peeking, probably checking you.

"Miss Lee, Professor Yang is here. He said he wants to visit you." Professor Yang is the class adviser and the one who let you play volleyball.

The short man turns to his back but you're still able to hear what he said. "Come on in, Sir."

Hongjoong didn't bother to wait for your response and let the professor in. The eight also enter your room casually following the middle aged man.

Complaining won't do any good. You can't jump out of your bed to lock the door either because of your injury, not allowing you to do any footwork.

"How are you, Y/N? Are you feeling better?" he asked when he's already in front of you. With lips pursed, you nod as an answer.

"I'm glad you are." Silence for a moment until he spoke again. "I am so sorry, Y/N. I was the reason why you're at that state. If I didn't let you play, this won't happen!"

Your professor looks depress base on his expression. And you can't bare to see anyone like that. You don't want anyone, especially those who are close at you, feeling depressed as you know how it feels. Your professor is like a second father to you, a friend. He always gives you advices that are very helpful. He's a good man.

"It's okay, Sir," you assure him. "What happened to me isn't totally bad."

"Even so! I just want to help you feel better! I want to help these guys bringing back the old you. That's why I thought volleyball could be the answer because I know that's your favourite sport. When I saw how hyped up you were, I thought to myself, hey at least I helped. But look at this."

You pity the man. All he wants is to help but he keeps blaming himself for the accident.

"Sir, none of us expected that to happen right?" You tried to assure him once again.

"That's what we told him," San butted in.

Seonghwa then came to the professor's side, offering a sandwich. "Why don't you have some snack, Sir?"

"Oh, thank you."

Seonghwa starts distributing the snacks after giving the professor one.

"But someone might be expecting that to happen," you thought. "My killer is doing a pretty good job."

~•~

You and the professor had a bit chit chat. Your response are limited but at least you're responding a lot more that before.

"Oh well, I guess I better get going. I'm hoping you a fast recovery, Y/N." For the ninth time today, you nod, though this time to express your gratitude.

"I'm also hoping that the boys are taking good care of you."

"I'm hoping the same, Sir."

Your professor suddenly laughed as if what you said is funny. You hide your confusion inside and didn't show it. "I never knew you could still crack jokes, Y/N." So, he did thought what you said was a joke when you're actually dead serious.

"I better get going now." The professor left your room and the boys walk him to the door.

After a few moments when you hear the noise of your door indicating it's close, you heave a sigh and press your back comfortably on the headboard. You shut your eyes, feeling the coziness your bed provides.