Chapter 9

You open your eyes and tries to sit but had trouble. Your body still hurts apparently from playing even though it's been a few days. Especially your injured right foot. And you just realised that you really did fell asleep. It was just supposed to be an excuse so you can get away from them.

Just when you're about to sit up again, a drone came flying in. Confused why a drone suddenly entered your room, you tilt your head and eye the flying technology.

You examine the drone. It's white in colour with blue highlights making it look more futuristic. And under it are chopsticks.

Jongho and Yeosang then enters your room that made you turn your gaze to them.

Jongho's bringing a tray of paper bucket, plates, glasses, and a pitcher full of water. His body is stiff for he's being careful not to pour out the water. While Yeosang is focused on his phone that he's holding in a landscape.

"Lunch!" Jongho chimed.

"What's this?" You point to the drone then it went down the floor.

"My drone," answered Yeosang.

"Yeosang-hyung's toy," answered Jongho.

"It's not a toy. It's the only thing that I could call a best friend," Yeosang corrected. "The only thing that could keep me sane from the likes of you."

It was supposed to be an insult but it seems like Jongho didn't mind it.

"You seem to be very close with your best friend," you stated, emphasising the words best friend.

"Just like what I said, it's the only thing that's keeping me sane and normal here."

"Sane, sure. Normal...? I doubt that." Your reply made Jongho broke into a loud laugh. His voice rang around the corner of the room, his gums showed up that you found cute.

"Even Miss Lee doesn't believe you're normal, Yeosang-hyung," Jongho said after laughing to his heart's content. There are tears forming on his eyes already because of laughing too hard.

But what caught you attention is him calling Yeosang hyung so you asked why.

"The others are older than me. Hongjoong-hyung and Seonghwa-hyung are two years and the rest are one," he explained, finally calm yet still holding his gut. It must've hurt because he really laugh so hard.

"Oh," and a nod is your response.

The two starts sitting down and lays the utensils on the floor so you three could eat. Curious what's the meal, you hesitated but still ask, "What's for lunch?"

"Chicken!" Jongho beams.

"I had enough of your bulgogi," said Yeosang. "So I ordered chicken."

"Let me help you sit." Jongho stands up from the floor and did what he said. Whilst Yeosang place a meal on a plate and gives it to you. You thanked him in exchange.

"So... um... who'll be in charge tomorrow?" you ask after a few bites and moments of silence.

"In charge of...?" Jongho ask back after swallowing his food.

"Me."

"That'll be Wooyoung and San," Yeosang answers to which you nod as a response and continue eating.

~•~

That night, the eight gathers around in the living room, conducting a meeting.