Chapter 1

"Ms. Lee, come with me," your professor said even before the class could start. He's your instructor for the first period so it's okay if you aren't in the room when the school bell rings.

You stood up from your seat and follow your professor without muttering a word. Honey, being herself, teased you as you walk pass by her.

"What have you done again, dear psycho?" Honey taunted but you tried your best not to mind it and you were successful. You don't want any catfight again.

You walk along the hallway of the building with your head low, lips pursed, and hands intertwined in front of you.

Eyes were all on you. And that made you glad that your bangs are hiding your eyes. They got long already that it almost cover your whole face.

"The principal wished to talk to you," your professor said but you didn't respond. You just keep quiet until your reached your destination, the Principal's Office.

The older man being a gentleman, opened the door for you and you get in. You saw a woman in her fifties sitting over the desk. She may be old but her face doesn't show the same.

"Good morning, Miss Lee," she greeted in which you return with a bow as a sign of respect but still refrain from speaking. "Please have a seat."

You did as what you're told, on a chair on your left beside her desk.

The Principal's smile vanished the moment you had your seat. A worried facade flashed.

"Dear, what happened to you?" Your nails suddenly dig down your palms hearing her worried and disappointed voice. "The last time I saw you, you were so cheerful and full of life. And now, all I see is devastation. What happened?"

Silence. You didn't respond. As if all your energy was drained and there's nothing left for you to even utter a word. The Principal knew what happened to you. She knew everything. She just can't believe it.

"You're the school's pride, Y/N. Everyone's role model! If you would like, we will bring back the old you. We have to bring back the old you. The school isn't the only one who will benefit but also you. It's for your health."

Silence. It took a few moment before the woman broke it.

"C'mon, tell me what you want."

As if it's a magic word— or sentence, it managed to make you speak for the first time the whole day. "I want you die."

But your answer isn't something they expected. Both your professor who's behind you and the Principal was taken aback.

"That, I cannot allow." Much for your disappointment, the principal did not allow your wish.

"You see, I call you here not just to talk to you about it. I want to see the old you. So I look for students with the same age as you to make you feel better."

"I don't need them. I need to die," you replied soullessly.

"Please, Y/N, don't speak like that. Give me a chance, give us a chance to bring the old you back," the old woman pushed.

Should you? Either way you'll die. You hired someone to kill you. You payed them a high amount of money that's why you're pretty sure you'll die.

"Okay, fine," you replied, half unsure about your decision.

"Thank goodness, my dear!" She heave a sigh of relief. "I brought them here with me, I hope you didn't mind."

'So what else is the purpose of asking for my opinion when you already brought them here,' you wanted to say out loud but didn't. It would be really rude.