How They Flipped Out

"Do a flip! Do a flip! Do a flip!" Albert and Elmer chanted at Race who was bouncing on the trampoline in front of him in their free socks.
"IM GONNA DO IT!" He declared.
"Yesss," Albert took out his phone to film, "GO!" Race launched himself in the air and forced his arms back, he rotated and of corse with him being the show off he was, he then did a double backflip and then a split jump. "What the fuck-"
"That good enough?" He smirked.
"Shut up-" Elmer looked at the floor.

They jumped around for a little longer, laughing at their antics and doing all sorts of spins and tricks they didn't even know they could do. Elmers foot slipped underneath him and he came crashing to the floor then boinged up, Albert and Race laughing at him. "Wait we need to hand in our resume..." Elmer remembered their whole purpose for being at the trampoline park in the first place.
"Oh yeah-" the others agreed.

Collecting themselves they got the forms out their back pockets. They held their breath as they handed it to the stoner at the front desk who hadn't groomed in what looked like months. He was definitely high which was ironic for a trampoline park.

"We would like a job." Race declared.
The dude peered over the desk at the boys who stood there, hands in front of them grinning excessively. "Any experience?"
"We can flip?"
"Cool your first shift is on Sunday see ya then."
The boys blinked, "That's it?"
"Yeah?"
"You're not going to ask any que-" Elmer began before Albert cut him off by shoving him with his elbow in the ribs.
"Cool great thank you see you Sunday!" He cut off.

Albert pushed them out the way and then towards the door. When they were outside they looked at each other slightly confused about what just happened. "Well- WE GOT A JOB!"
"We could totally sing about this..." Elmer started, taking a breath ready.
"Listen... we know you like plays and shit but how about no?" Race hit him on the head.
"Suit yourself." He hummed some showtune to himself as they began to walk home.

When they arrived back at the apartment it was quiet, everyone else actually still had their job and were at work. The floor boards creek echoed through the home and while he had the chance to smoke inside, Race lit one up.

Reaching into his pocket Albert got out his phone and scrolled mindlessly. They were all bored. "Anyone want to play minecraft?"
Elmer practically jumped over the couch with his phone and Race almost dropped his smoke. They hadn't played in what felt like forever because they were always busy.
"DUDE I FLIPPING LOVE MINECRAFT!"
"FUCK YES!"

When they opened the game, the music started and it bought tears to all of their eyes. Their teen years they had spent together playing, building and creating. Perhaps it was a resurrection of innocence or it was just immaturity, but in the moment the boys felt whole.
Albert hit 'start game' and the click sound affect made him smile slightly, when they started a new world they all looked at each other trying to figure out a name. "Oh I got one-" Albert laughed to himself at his idea. When he started typing, a low 'hehehehe' hummed from Elmer and Race.
"Ahehe 'poop town' nice one," Elmer remarked with a fist bump of approval which truthfully confirmed their immaturity. "Wait we doing creative or survival?"
"Survival obviously! Or are you a coward?" Race jeered, poking Elmers shoulder.
"I ain't scared of nothing! But sometimes it gets me a little... jittery..."
"K we're definitely doing survival then." Albert laughed in Elmers direction as he sighed.

When the world loaded they ran around their little world doing all the crafty things, gathering wood, mining, farming. The house was much less quiet as they all had their phones on full volume so they could enjoy every second of it. When night fell Elmer let out a screech "SHIT RACE RACE RACE HELP ME FUCK I HATE THIS!" He was surrounded... by one zombie. Race laughed at him and sleighed the mighty beast.
"It's one fucking zombie you absolute idiot sandwich- FUCK!" he immediately fell into a cave and then into a pit of lava, loosing all progress he had made. "Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw..."

They continued to play for the rest of the day until their phones were about to die. They went into the kitchen to find Jimothee where he always was. "Oh my god the pasta dish... it's Saturday and Pasta Sunday is tomorrow..." Race realised.
"Pasta what?"
"Pasta Sunday? It's a Brooklyn ritual that Spot is very passionate about. Remember how he bought us that lasagna a few weeks ago? Yeah well I never returned the bloody dish and now there's a fucking turtle living in it! He's gonna be pissed-" Race glanced at the boys who looked as if he'd just told them they were sentenced to death. "Come on let's return it now."