How Jack Was Busted

The morning sun rose through the kitchen window as always, and Alberts forehead was red from resting on the table all night. He smacked his mouth and rubbed his eyes as Race approached him, pulling his suspenders over his shoulders.
"Suspenders? Ain't that a little old?" Albert judged.
Race looked him in the eyes straight faced, "Old school never goes out of style."
Albert shrugged, he was too tired to deal with Race. Lighting a cigarette, Race joined his friend and Jimothee. "Fuck I need to get that pasta dish back, we have a tank now so it's all good."
"About time."

The other fellas began to crawl into the kitchen, soon the apartment was an ants nest with everyone everywhere. "Where's Jack?" Crutchie asked, leaning on his crutch as he fixed his sleeves.
"He's in the bathroom... still." Once again Elmer sat at the kitchen sink brushing his teeth. "He handed me my tooth brush at least so I mean-"
"Well he needs to hurry up cause I have to," Race looked at Crutchie who was raising an eyebrow, "piss- uh I mean pee! I have to pee!"
"Good luck getting him out of there..." Albert laughed slapping Race on the back.
"Agh for fudge sake I can't even take a pee in peace?" Race muttered as he climbed the stairs to the one and only household bathroom.

"Jack get out I need to piss." He knocked on the door agitated but controlling himself enough. There was no response. "Hello?"
"No!" Jack firmly said from inside. "Go away!!!"
"Listen just cause this is the only door with a lock doesn't mean you can't share for fucks sake you've probably been in there all night, and I can't smell shit so I think you're fine!"
"Fuck off!"
"GET OUT!!! Please I just want to piss, I swear to god I'll fucking break down this door!"
"Oh well then go ahead sure break the door and we won't ever have a lock."
"OK FUCK YOU I DONT CARE WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN THERE IM COMING IN!"

Race hurried down the stairs where Finch was already waiting with a butter knife. Race took it back and picked the lock. "For Christ's sake!" He swung open the door forcefully before freezing. "What the fuck-"

On the bathroom floor Jack Kelly sat cross legged, multiple packets of dried ramen crumpled around him and bags under his eyes so dark you could see into a void. He had a blanket tightly wrapped around him and socks poking out from the blanket that were covered in cacti. Dried noodles were stuck to his lips and on the toilet seat a laptop sat. Race tried to collect himself and get out a few words about the scene. "The fuck? Is that Bob Ross?"
"No..." Jack defended.
"We don't make mistakes here, only happy accidents :)" the computer speakers faintly said.

For a solid thirty seconds they stared at each-other awkwardly and silently, no one saying a word as one was mortified and the other immensely confused. "It," Jack began, "it helps calm me down... now don't you start on anything he's a good artist and he has good techniques!"
"Aye I never talked shit about Bob in my life! Now- seriously I have to piss get out."
"But-"
"Jackie I swear to fuck if you don't move I will piss on you." Race exhaled, shifting his feet frantically as he held his bladder.

Jack gathered his things and shuffled out the door, blanket still around him like a cape. "Also- suspenders?" He added.
"Bob Ross in the bathroom?" Race snapped back.
"Tuche."

Heading into the kitchen to meet everyone else, the room had a quiet chatter and contained giggles. He put the empty ramen into the bin then propped himself on the counter. "What?"
"Just a happy accident that's it." Albert snickered. Crutchie hit him with his cap lightly and smiled at Jack who looked somewhat grateful.
"What can I say, he's a good artist." Jack defended.
"Oh quit the act man! You kidding? Bob's a free therapist so imma take the offer. If Bob walked through our door right now I swear the entire energy in here would change. Like he just is so peaceful!" Romeo started, all the others agreed.
"Don't hog Bob though, I love Bob" Crutchie playfully punched Jack on the shoulder. Considering Crutchie showed Jack Bob Ross all those years ago because of the featured baby animals, ever since Jack would have 'me time' by hiding in the bathroom with Bob Ross. Therapy wasn't cheap, and Romeo had said, Bob was free! It was the only sensible option, but judging by the others reactions, he wouldn't have to watch Bob Ross alone anymore.