How Two Ships Sailed

A rollercoaster passed swiftly beside the boys who were still frozen and the geforce from the carts made Race's wild hair sway. Perhaps they were shocked at Spots spontaneous kindness because they hadn't seen that side. They'd always described him as a 'mad lad' or 'Alpha Chihuahua' but never as simply one of them. He was honoured and respected, but sometimes they never received respect back. The tank was maybe the first time they'd ever had it reciprocated, and from that a new bond formed. If life was in fact a simulation then they'd probably all have little '+friendship' bars atop their heads.

"Well don't just stand there, take it." Spot was growing impatient of the silence and clearly did not enjoy the vulnerability he was showing. He returned back to his shell of sternness: bringing his posture back and holding his chin high, suddenly the Manhattan fellas remembered why they were scared of him initially.

Race reached out for the tank, then instantly handed it to Albert who was dazed and completely out of it. Albert took the tank, almost dropping it and Race walked closer to Spot and kissed him. The others cheered and whooped while the couple had their moment. "Thank you." Race smiled down at Spot who once again was trying to compose himself.
"Anytime." He confirmed. Through his eyes he was a soft bean and they all knew it.

They all decided to hang out for a while longer, 'grab some chow' as Jack said. The Brooklyn Boys shouted the food, well more like haggled as they all had decent relationships with the employees. Al joined them as they were eating down on the beach, sneaking up behind Spot and scaring the shit out of him. "You make it too easy." She snatched what was left of the corn dog out of his hands and plonked down beside him, legs crossed as she inhaled the salt air. "You gonna introduce me to your friends?"

Spot scowled at her and the corn dog, slightly disappointed at his stolen goods. "Fucks sake yeah ok. Well, Al this is Manhattan. You got Jack, Race, Crutchie, Specs, Finch, Albert, Elmer, Jojo, Mike, Ike, Davey, his little brother Les and oh yeah that weirdo over there is Romeo." Al's ears pricked. She almost cracked her neck when he mentioned Romeo, Spot motioned across the rocks where Romeo was staring grumpily at some birds, hands on his hips. "I have no clue what he's doing. Fellas meet Al the dumbest sister you could ever have." Spot scruffed her hair and she practically pushed him over.

"Romeo get over here, meet Al." Jack called out to Romeo.
"What-SHIT" he turned at first slowly, pissed that Jack killed his vibe, then when he saw Al who was looking at him bright eyed and dazed he almost slipped. He quickly collected himself and straightened his back, fixing his cap and clearing his throat. "Sup?"
"Hello again." She smiled back, a small wave. Honestly they were adorable. Spot looked between them, back and forth.
"You two know each other?" He raised an eyebrow at her.
"Ummm yeah we met at Smo-"
"CENTRAL PARK WE MET AT CENTRAL PARK AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A COINCIDENCE I WAS ON A JOG AHAHAHAHAHA." Romeo cut her off, trying not to let the others know he was attending a yoga class.
"I didn't know you Jogged?" Crutchie enquired, smirking a little as he caught onto the clear chemistry.
"Well actually Crutchie yes I do it's just- just part of my vibe."
"Right ok-" Finch nodded with a huff, not oblivious at all to the lies.

Things got silent again... a little too quickly. The waves were defending and everyone had a few thoughts based on Al and Romeo. Yes Romeo was a huge flirt, and Spot was not going to have his sister be another one of Romeos flings. Perhaps this time was different but not to Spot. Race didn't really have to many issues, it's not like there were problems between Brooklyn and Manhattan anymore; if anyone was to protest the multi borough relationship it would be the leaders; Spot and Jack who were clearly ok with it considering Spot and Race were literally together. When the two finally got together after weeks of terrible flirtation Albert had gone batshit crazy with hype and almost got '#Sprace' tattooed on his ankle. It didn't take much for Race to talk him out of it but that alone was enough support.

"Well, thank you again Brooklyn for the food you're legends. Les we should get going, folks will be waiting." Davey got up, collecting his napkin in his hands and scanning for the nearest bin. Of corse this was a cue for all the others to pass him their own napkins for a rubbish run. Davey sighed and stepped between them collecting their rubbish. Les protested sleepily and Davey rolled his eyes. "Fine you can stay with Brooklyn then." Davey said, knowing the tactic well.
"But..." Les looked at the Brooklyn peeps who clearly had better sarcasm awareness than Manhattan and were cracking their knuckles and holding their chins high, flexing their arms looking all tough. "Ok I'm coming." Les squeaked and hid behind his big brother.

"Aye hold up Davey I'm behind ya." Crutchie called, Jack following then soon the rest of Manhattan.

Romeo was the last to follow, just as they were wrapping up the farewells with a spit+hand shake he got to Al. He held out his hand, not spitting. She gave a challenging smile and spat on her own hand then held it out. Romeo did the same after she confirmed that it was ok. Telepathic communication clearly. They shook sternly. She then gripped and pulled him slightly closer to quickly whisper something. "Don't forget. 4:30 Wednesday. If you're not there I know where you live." She joked.
"You can count on it." Romeo confirmed.

"You coming or what?" Jojo called to him.
"Right behind ya!" Romeo responded. As he went to join the others and turned away from Al, he gave a grin and wink. A new ship was sailing.