How Monopoly Was Announced

Davey sat on the steps with the boys as they got their shoes on for work. Normally he'd still be asleep at that early hour, but his dad was being extra difficult so he left for school early claiming he had his project to finish. Les accompanied him, not by choice but he always followed him around. He looked down the steps at Finch's messy hair, it was clear he hadn't done anything with it so it stuck in all directions like a birds nest, he'd cover it with a hat later anyway. Ironic considering it accompanied his name perfectly.

"Can I come to work with you guys?" Les asked Jack. Les took especial warmth to Jack and instantly ditched Davey as soon as they arrived at the apartment for him. Perhaps Davey was relived he had a break from his little brother, but part of him was a little hurt and envious.
Jack looked at the small child, "Well I don't know. You wouldn't like it anyway, Kid."
"Yeah you have school anyway!" Davey playfully punched him on the shoulder.
"But you guys have a whole place full of fun stuff!" Les persisted.
Race perked his ears and used the chance to flex on his latest employment, "You think they's have a cool job? We works at a flipping trampoline park!" He motioned to Albert and Elmer.
The child's pupils expanded significantly as soon as he heard, "Woahhhh really?"
"Mhm, and we get to jump around all day," Race threw his cigarette away when he considered the child's undamaged lungs. "You could ditch your school and come with us." He smirked.
"Don't encourage him!" Davey grabbed Les away from the cheeky fellow, "He has school and studies..."
"Oh school and studies? Ain't we the hoi polloi!" Racetrack jeered.

Jack threw his cap at Race to get him to shut up before Davey got too frustrated although he found entertainment in it himself. They sat on the stairs chatting for a little while longer and Les was talking to Crutchie. Les had taught him a few hand clapping games and they sat cross legged on the steps muttering 'patty cake' and staring at their hands as they progressively got faster. Romeo spectated a little too enthusiastically at their coordination. 

When they all got their bags, fixed their buttons and their shoes were on tight, they began to head on their commute to work. Davey mounted his bike and Les sat on the handle bars. Unsafe? Absolutely yes but his parents didn't have to know. Jack walked beside them chatting about how he was still shocked Davey hadn't played Uno before. "So you're telling me that you had never even heard of it?"
"I mean- I just thought that it was some Spanish number but I never imagined the intensity of the game!" He baffled at the new game he'd been introduced to.
"Yeah but- but Davey it's Uno! Everyone knows Uno!"
"Hey I didn't know it either!" Les interrupted.
"Yeah well, Kid you ain't been growing up in the right crowd." Jack laughed.
Les looked puzzled so Davey cut him off. "What other stuff have you fellas got because game night was so chill last time it's not like Race threw the whole table across the room..." Race looked up from his phone with confusion.
"Yes I absolutely did! Remember I broke the coffee tables leg?" He responded. Jack rolled his eyes at Race's lack of sarcastic awareness.

Soon everyone was in on the conversation.
"Snakes and Ladders?"
"SNAP!"
"Go fish!"
"Monopoly?"

Normally in a household, particularly the ones filled with such chaos, Monopoly would be banned... the boys should have banned it. Monopoly was probably the most aggressive game of all, sure in Uno you could skip someone and have the taste of betrayal last one round however in Monopoly there was no mercy. Buying properties left right and centre. Getting sent to jail. Owning all train stations.  Davey thought about it, he was good at maths and technique.

"I love monopoly!" He remarked, almost crashing the bike. As they parted ways for the day; Game Night was settled and they began preparing mentally for the intense game in a few days.