The Birth of A Gem [9]

Casen was murdered. 

It wasn't intentional, it was very clearly an accident. She was defending her child, she was scared and desperate and the gun was on the table, conveniently locked and loaded, the safety wasn't even on. It wasn't an abnormal thing for this to happen in the Weather's household, though when your job was drug dealing loaded guns laid everywhere. Part of the reason why Normani had to get out of there. But in doing what was best, she sealed her own fate for aneternity in the Mirror Realm where she would take his place. 

You see, Casen Weather as I mentioned previously, was a dealer, but not of drugs that's just what he told Normani so she wouldn't be in danger... so that she wouldn't end up in harms way. He met her at one of her shows in New York and love struck harder than a freight train. He asked her out, she said yes and ten months later she was pregnant with his child. From there, things began going downhill. Casen wasn't a drug dealer, he was a super villain, known as Eye Spy. His list of offenses include:

arson

weapons dealing

willful destruction to property

mass murder

3rd, 1st & second degree murder

And the list goes on. But of course, Normani knowns none of this. How do you hide something like that from someone so smart? You fake something believable so they stop asking questions, so their excuses are justified without any actual convincing. Everything he did, was just assumed to be for his drug selling business, but he'd never sold a drug in his life, being that his mom overdosed on them, they made him sick to his stomach at the mere thought of them. But regardless, he lied to Normani to keep her safe, and he cared about her deeply, still does even from where he resides in the afterlife.

Even after what he did to her.

It was a Sunday evening, and even though he should have been at Church or just observing the day of the Lord -as his mother had often asked him to continue doing even after he left their home- he was in his bedroom loading guns into a duffel bag. His phone rang, slightly shocking him seeing as he was trying to be discrete, he scowled but reached down to answer. "This better be something extremely important." He said, zipping the black duffel bag full of the artillery. "Oh um, it is boss man." A trembling voice said on the other side. Casen rolled his eyes at the interruption but his silence queued the henchman on the other line to continue. 

"You um, you told me to call you when we we're in position. Well we're in position." Casen nodded before switching the phone to his shoulder so he could hold the duffel bag. "I'm on my way."

...

"Go go, go!" Casen yelled. His face was itchy from the black ski mask he adorned and that combined with the ferocious sweat that was coming down his face as well. The adrenaline that was pumping through his body now had become something of a familiar feeling. And he kind of loved it. How every bone in his body got thicker, how his brain got more excited, how his muscles almost flew with the excess strength that he had. His senses heightened themselves without any of his own doing, animal.

"Raf! You better be in that car!" Casen yelled his coworkers nickname, of course his name wasn't actually Raf, it was Samuel but how far off was Raf from Samuel? And that was the point. Raf started the car just as Casen decided he wanted to take a look back at the weapons factory they had just raided. His eyes morphed into one as the familiar warming feeling of assurance raced over him. His vison changed from that of an empty alleyway that they were running in, to a grenade rolling onto the ground, heavy yelling and footsteps following before the grenade exploded indefinitely. His singular eye snapped back into two and Casen turned to his team. "Hey Tint, (Lorenzo) we got any grenade's on our side?" He yelled as he threw himself into the car. Tint looked down and shook his head. "Nah." He said before ducking into the car himself.