Parental Goals [3]

You know the feeling when you realize somethings about to happen? You can't tell if it's good or bad or if it's wrong or right...but you know that something is about to happen...that's how Sapphire Evans felt right about now.

"Natasha!" She yelled, her and Peter running down the hall towards the boarding deck for the Quinjet. Natasha was about to leave and she needed to hear this, she needed to hear what Sapphire had to say so that she would stay and help her.

"Left turn!" Peter yelled, pointing to the next hallway. The two turned and ran saw the spy about to board the plane. She was wearing a black body cone dress with black dotted tights and black high heels and her hair in a tight bun. "Nat!" Sapphire yelled, now sprinting towards her adoptive mother. The red head turned her head to look at Sapphire, worry in her eyes. "Saph, what's wrong she asked, looking over at Peter for an answer but he was just stumped over out of breath. "It's the middle of the night what are you..." "I saw her." Sapphire breathed heavily. Natasha and the rest of the Avengers that were on the helipad looked at her with an expression of confusion and worry.

"I...I saw her." She said again. "Saph, speak up you saw who, who did you see?" Natasha asked, walking off of the planes steps. Tears started to slip through Sapphire's eyes as she tried to form the words. "I..." She started. "It's okay, who did you see..." Natasha helped.

Sapphire looked over at Peter before turning back and finally uttering the words. "Normani, I saw Normani." Nat hadn't heard that name in a long time, her head was about to explode because now all of those memories started flooding back at once and she had to hold it together for Sapphire because that was her mother and she was making a very serious accusation. "You, you saw your mother?" She questioned, not daring to try and utter her name again in fear that she would crack under the pressure. "Peter and I were on the roof talking and there was a...a light and all of a sudden she was there, her face was just there in the light trying to break free, she was trying to break free Nat, and she told me, she told me to stay strong and to help her escape." She admitted. Natasha looked at Clint. "Can you..." "Yeah." He nodded, boarding the plane in Natasha's place.

"Okay...we're gonna figure this out." She replied and they made there way inside.

...

"Alright, I just got off the phone with the United Nations they're okay with Clint as a temporary substitute for the meeting so you have all of my attention so you and Peter need to tell me exactly what you saw." Natasha revealed, looking around the room. Her, Saph, Peter, Tony and Steve sat in the lab together because it was sound proof and they were the last Avengers at the facility before it exploded. Peter sighed and began telling the story from what he remembered. "Well, we were having a picnic on the roof and Sapphire started to get emotional about her mom and her life and then a light formed in front of her and Normani's face just popped right out of the light and told Sapphire that..."

"That I needed to tell you and the others that they needed to help get her out of whatever prison shes in. She also said she loves you Nat." Sapphire added. Natasha smiled weakly, she couldn't remember if she had gotten the chance to say that she loved the magician at the HYDRA base that day, and it filled her with regret since but now. Now she might be able to get her back, to tell her her true feelings.

"Alright, Tony I need you to make some sense of this, you can ask Bruce for help but until we get a proper understanding of the situation I want this to be a closed operation. Normani was...is something special to everyone in this room so I need this to be between us for now." Natasha commanded. Steve did a fake salute and made his way to his friend Bruce to get to work. Steve took a closer step towards the other three.

"Natasha..." He started, but the spy already knew what he had to say. "I know, it's slim to none but there's still a chance, and I'd rather hold onto that because this kind of hope is some I can get behind." The captain nodded and walked out leaving Natasha to talk to Peter and Sapphire.