Blood Ties [10]

"So your plan, is no plan." Liz asked, her smooth caramel arms crossed. Sapphire shook her head. "No, Liz my plan, is to save my mother." "No, that's the objective. We don't have a plan." She corrected. Sapphire was about to retort when she realized her friend was right. "Umhm, you just realizing I'm right?" She teased, but Sapphire ignored her friend and started to think up a solution. "Well we know that we have to use portals to get in and out of the Mirror Realm." Ned began. "And we know that we have to find a way to open a one way portal and then close it before Hitler jumps out." Peter added. "Okay, so that's our plan." Sapphire smiled. "What? To make a one way portal to the Mirror Realm? Yea Sapphire, because we know how to do that." "Peter and Ned do." She retorted. The two geniuses in the room stole glances at each other before Peter sighed. 

"I guess we can do some research. What did your mom say exactly as to how she got there?" Peter asked. Sapphire knew he didn't mean the killing her dad part but nonetheless her head rung with the realization that she'd never meet the man she got most of her powers from. "She said she kind of runs the place, but in every book I've ever read about the Mirror Realm it says its a hell, full of torments only fit for supervillains. My mom has never mentioned that."

"Maybe she's not being tortured because the Realm recognizes that she didn't do anything directly wrong. She didn't shoot your dad to kill him and it was a setup anyway so why should she be punished? What, because she pulled the trigger to the gun your dad had already loaded and aimed at himself." Liz was an expect at metaphors and examples, they just always painted the perfect picture to the situation. "Okay, well let's get into Tony and Bruce's lab. There should be everything that you two need to get the portal up and running. Liz, I want you to do as much research as possible on my father. I need a list of deceased super villains from around the year 2005, that's when I was born so any deaths within that year could be my dad, I was only a few months old when it happened." She explained. "So late 2005 to early 2006, gotchu." The skilled computer teenager cracked her knuckles and the others made their way up to Bruce's and Tony's lab. 

The air seemed to be getting thicker the more and more they got closer to the lab. Most of the Avengers were asleep or out, as of late the tower hadn't been as full as it had been in the days of constant fighting and world saving. Nowadays it served as a hangout spot/ home for the Avengers that didn't bother having their own life or home outside of Avengers Tower. Some of them went there just to see everyone and occasionally on missions. The only people that lived there permanently were Sapphire, Natasha and Steve who all but refused to get an apartment. The halls were quiet and dark but as they loomed closer to the lab, not only did the air thicken but the weight of their footsteps seemed to increase, the feeling didn't end until Sapphire pulled open the door to the lab and ducked inside, the others following quietly as three teenagers could be. When everything was safe, Sapphire started the stealth part of her plan. "Hey Friday, do me a favor and cover those walls please. Oh, and do it quietly." The AI gave a smart rebuttal and then complied, the glass walls covered themselves with black covers which blocked the light from the ceiling as they turned on. 

"Okay guys, we have about an hour or two before someone decides to come in here. So we need to figure this out and figure it out now." Sapphire instructed. Peter and Ned took seats at the various computers in the room and got to work while Sapphire pulled up a holographic board and started adding digital sticky notes to it, the blue and yellow hues added a homey touch to the already too personal situation. Just then, Ned got a text and a few minutes of silence later and he had pulled up a general feed of a list of deceased super powered villain's from the years 2005 and 2006. "Any idea what your dad's last name was?" Ned asked, looking over at Sapphire. She shook her head. "Pretty sure Evans is my mom's maiden name and being that they were never married..." "So his name could literally be anything... right." "Did your mom mention any clues at all?" Peter asked, looking for something, anything but Sapphire just shook her head. "No. No she just...gosh I wish she would be more specific with her words." "You and me both."