Don't Rain On My Parade [8]

"A portal?" Tony asked, pulling down his work glasses. "She wants us to build a portal to a realm that we have never been to and hope that it just let's her out?" Natasha looked over at Sam. "Yeah, pretty much." Tony threw his hands up. "Great, so we just aren't gonna worry about the millions of truly evil people that are also behind that veil? Do you guys realize the stakes here? Opening that portal, if it's even possible, what's stopping Hitler from stepping out, too and starting the next Holocaust?" These were good questions, questions that should have been asked a long time ago but you know... plot points, and them all being excited and hopeful.

"I hate to be the one to rain on this beautiful pride parade but this is quit literally impossible."

"Well what if we can handle it?" Steve stepped in. He had been fairly silent on the matter, quietly observing as everyone else talked but this was a solution, and he was willing to fight for it. "We have results, Tony. This could be out only shot to get her back, I think we can handle a Hitler. Just like the millions of soilders that did it the first time before all of this amazing tech that we have." He concluded. "So you're solution is to... fuck it."

"Essentially."

"Unbelievable."

"Look, we don't have time for this." Natasha inturupted. "Tony, you either work with Bruce to find a way to get Normani through and keep everyone else in, or you build that portal and deal with the repercussions of it with us. But we're gonna get her back." And with that, she walked out, she could hear Tony cursing behind her but she was so completly over this. She needed a win, and this was that win. No more losses. Sam caught up to her and grabbed her arm. "Oh hey." She smiled up at him. Sam smiled back. "Get dressed, I wanna show you something." Natasha looked at him and laughed. "Okay... wel what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" She asked, it was sarcastic but before he could respond she walked off to her bedroom to change.

Settling on a nice read dress and some black heels she took to the bathroom to do something with her hait. It had been long for awhile now and frankly, it was getting annoying, it was time for a change. A pair of scissors sat on the sink and with a sigh of "fuck it" she began the cutting of her long red hair.

Speaking of cutting, Sapphire was cutting her history class because she needed to talk to Peter. He had a free period for robotics club on Monday's which was today. She had to show an effort, she was trying and he had to at least see that if not anything else. Liz had agreed to cover for her, say she had a female emergency to their male history teacher, that would get him to shutup. She was across from the robotics lab when she caught a glimspe of Peter in the lab, he was messing with some ET looking robot type thing which made Sapphire smiled as she remembered the time that they watched ET together. Cute little alien.

She shook off her joy and got back to the plan. The door was already crack so it was easy for her to peak her head in and whisper a few times until Peter looked over at her. His face did this thing where when he saw Saph, it lit up with happiness because... it was Saph. But then, as if he remembered that he was supposed to be pissed at her, he switched his expression to stone cold and annoyed. He attempted to go back to his robot but Sapphire just kept pestering. The trashcan was of course next to the door and kids with bad aim had left crumbled up paper balls on the ground for her to pick up and tear before forming new smaller balls and throwing them at Peter. The brown headed teen slowly grew aware of the paper balls and when one especially well aimed one hit his nose, he spun in his chair to face Sapphire again. "What?" He whispered back. She used her hand to gesture for him to come outside the classroom and when he realized that she wasn't going to stop anytime soon, he raised his hand and asked to use the bathroom.

Sapphire ducked away from the door and a moment or two later, it opened wider and outstepped a visibly annoyed Peter. "Sapphire, what the hell do you want?" He asked, rubbing a hand on the back of his neck before removing a paper ball. "Oh um, sorry about that by the way." Sapphire apologized nervously. Peter rolled his eyes and turned to walk back into the classroom but Sapphire grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Okay, look. Peter Parker, I am madly in love with you. Since the day we became friends in the 7th grade I've had the hots for you. But... in my life the people I tend to love tend to leave me and I just... I didn't think I could go through that with you. So I kept my feelings to myself, I convinced myself that you would leave me and my mouth just couldn't utter the words, I, couldn't utter the words. But now I can, Peter Parker I freaking love you. And I am so sorry that I didn't say it before, I'm sorry that I pressured you into saying it to me just for me to choke when it was my turn. I am undeniably in love with you. And I hope a part of you still loves me after what I did." She finished by exhaling a deep breath she didn't know she was holding in.