Magic On Bleeker Street [5]

The Bleeker Street building gave off this eerie aura, one that emulated uncertainty and certainty at the same time, if that was even possible. Probably because there was good chance that they'd come out empty handed at the same chance that they wouldn't. Nonetheless, they were all willing to take that chance because they all loved Normani in they're own special way. 

The big brown wooden doors stood towering over the group as they opted to enter, but to Natasha there was a definitive choice and that was to go straight ahead. So she did. A carefully placed knock later and one of the brown doors was opened by a short chubby man with a bald head and a sub sandwich in the hand that wasn't holding the door open. He looked around the group of Avengers silently and confused for a moment until his eyes rested on Tony's and he knew. "Stephen! The Avengers are here!" He yelled, a little to loudly for the heroes to like but nonetheless, he opened the door wider for them to come in which they did.

The building was full of magical relics. Bookshelves lined the walls with books probably full of myths, legends, charms, curses and spells. Podiums displayed things like replicas and wands. It was a wizard or Harry Potter fans dreams. "Welcome, my name is Wong. Stephen will be down in a minute do you guys want some tea?" He asked, gesturing to what looked like a kitchen to the off side of the building. Natasha shook her head but some of the others nodded so Wong walked out to fulfill their wishes when Stephen walked in shortly after. He had on street clothes but the time stone swayed around his neck, still. "Welcome,  Avengers. How may I help you?" He asked, fixing his watch before gesturing for them to follow him up the stairs and sit at a brown table that didn't have enough seats for everyone. Natasha sat down and after clearing her throat began her request.

She told Stephen the story of Normani, how she was experimented on and then the Avengers tried to help her but only for them to realize that the only way she could get help was to work with HYDRA, the people that caused her plight in the first place. Then she died trying to save her infant daughter and everyone else within a 100 mile radius. They didn't even have a body to bury. But then she added that Normani had spoken to Sapphire, her daughter, a few nights ago and told her to help her get out of the world that she was in currently. She wasn't dead, just stuck. 

When she finished the story, Stephen stood up and walked over to Natasha before plucking a piece of her hair from her head. "The hell!" She yelled, grabbing the spot he pulled it from. "Stephen, what are you doing? We're looking for Normani, not Natasha." Tony sighed. But the sorcerer shook his head and then used some type of magic to make a swirling orange portal in the air. "I'm guessing that Normani's probably touched Natasha's hair before of if she didn't then Sapphire sure has and Sapphire is Normani's daughter...direct bloodline. So we can use Natasha's hair to try and locate her or at least make contact." Natasha's eyes lit up and even Steve was surprised to see the twinkle in the spy's eye again. It had been so long since she'd been genuinely happy besides when she was taking care of Sapphire, even though they all knew that the more Natasha cared for Normani's daughter, the more it reminded her of her lost love. 

"I need quiet." Stephen said as he did some arm trick and said some words before the portal turned a purple and blue reflective color, almost chrome but not quit there. The middle of it reflected almost what looked like Siri when you called upon her, but the best part was when he zoomed out and there, in a bedroom by herself stood Normani. She had on a purple top and some black jeans that highlighted every curve. Her hair was cut a little shorter but it was still curled to perfection. The portal must have caught her attention because she turned around quickly, and the tears filled her eyes. Natasha stepped closer and reached a hand out, pressing against the front of the portal only for it to feel like a glass barrier was between them, because there was or something maybe not glass but there was a definite barrier. Normani's mouth opened to speak and the sound hit Natasha's ears it took everything in her not to break down.