Fall Hard [12]

When Casen first saw Normani in the Mirror Realm, he knew salvation was near. Just the sheer fact that he knew someone was going to come to save her one day was enough motivation for his escape. He was simply just tired of ruling over a kingdom full of equally devious people and no action whatsoever. 

Everyone was either always fighting one another or there was nothing going on at all. And even the fights got old when they were all for the same reasons;

Everyone wanted to get out of there and no one could.

Until today. Casen had made it his mission to make sure Normani never saw him from the day she entered the realm to the day she left it. He wanted to make sure that there was no assurance that he would escape the same day she did. And that he would finally get his revenge on the Avengers and take back New York... and then, the world. 

But there was something else that he wanted to take back now, too. And that was his daughter. His own flesh and blood, who he had never met before. He only knew her name, the one that he had envisioned that Normani would pick for her daughter, their daughter. 

Sapphire.

He wanted to meet her, see who she looked more like. And then teach her. 

Wherever she was, he would teach her to be just like him, and they could rule the world together, and if Normani wanted to join, then of course she could. But if she didn't, well then he'd cut his loses. After all, she had killed him.

"Fury!" Sam smiled as he landed atop the helipad.

"Wilson." Fury grumbled. In Sam's tow was Natasha, who had ridden on his back. She was in her catsuit still and her hair had blown all over the place due to the flight. But she regained her composure and smiled at her old friend and boss.

"Romanoff." He nodded, a smile lacing his face. Nat smiled back. "Hey Fury."

There was a silence when Sam cut in. "Fury listen, we have this experiment going on that we need an object for. We were hoping you could help us out with that." He smiled. Nick placed his hands behind his back and furrowed his brow. He turned around and began to walk away, signaling for Nat and Sam to follow suit.

"And what might this object be?" He asked. Nat gulped and signaled for Sam to continue. "Uh, well, it's the um... Teser-"

"It's a test tube. We need a test tube with melted alimantium. I remember a few years back that we had a few locked up somewhere. I don't see Wolverine running around looking for any so can we borrow some?" She asked, her face professionally masked and her eyes locked on what she needed to do, what she wanted. Even though it was covered in a lie.

If Fury was suspicious, he showed no signs of it and continued walking to the laboratory where all of that would be held. Upon opening the door, he looked back at Nat and whispered something in her ear that made her smile before he nodded towards Sam and walked off.

Sam rightfully curious, furrowed his eyebrows. "What was that for?" He asked. Looking back at a walking Fury. Nat shook her head. 

"Nothing, come on Tesseract's this way." She said, leading Sam in the direction of the "HIGHLY DANGEROUS AND CONTAMINENT" unit in the back of the SHIELD building. 

"Okay, there shouldn't be anyone guarding it for another minute. There's a break in between when the shifts change down here and up there. In other words, while the camera guy switches with the person that comes in after, the camera's are unwatched for one full minute, now 57 seconds. Same as down here, the guard here just left, we have 53 seconds to get to the Tesseract and out of this area before anyone is on either the cams or guarding here. Got it?" She asked. But Sam looked as if he were about to ask some questions, so Nat just rolled her eyes.