三十二

Chapter: ⓷⓶

———
A/N: I might accidentally published this a bit too early, so... uh... I did add more content..

This is the completed part.
———

Her mouth dropped open, wide.

"What?"

That. That's all?!

"I will repeat myself. Your next mission must absolutely not fail."

(Y/n) gave him a glare, "You called me all the way here, made me dodge against needles, just to tell me this?!"

He crosses his arm with a stern expression, "What. Can I not?"

(Y/n) clenched her hand in anger, til she felt a sting on her thumb. She didn't wince out loud but she did bite her tongue to prevent any sounds. Bringing forth her hand she stared at the slightly irritated red skin of hers.

It's from that needle..

The one she threw at him.

"The needles were poisonous."

He then grinned while nodding. "Of course, they're laced in poison."

(Y/n) felt shudders and her hand trailed down her body to be closer near her dagger. "You sadistic." She stated aloud.

Why are they poisoned?

"I even made it."

She muttered, "Sadistic." Under her breath.

"Not at all. It was a test, if you failed, then you would've died. So there wouldn't be a useless scum for the mission."

What's this guys obsession with the next mission?

"Why do you need to test me anyways? I'm doing it with someone else." Her eyes narrowed at him.

"Akaashi Keiji is more than capable enough."

Her eyes widened ever so slightly, she knew crystal clear that Akaashi isn't doing the mission— he didn't even know about it. Kaiyo was taking his place.

Is this a warning?

He eyes her suspiciously, "You seen struck."

(Y/n) tried to play it off, "What, did you test him already?"

"I don't need to test him."

She became silent after that. What the hell does that mean?!

"Just don't fail the next mission."

She raised her head to stare at him, "I won't."

———

"That's all?" Kenma asked with a raised eyebrow expression. He sat on Kaiyo's bed with his chin resting on his palm.

"Yeah." (Y/n) whispers in annoyance.

"That mans extra as fuck." Kaiyo stated randomly, she had been listening to their conversation for the past 10 minutes even though she seemed like she wasn't paying attention at all. She was on her phone playing a game.

For once, Kenma wasn't.

"Yeah, he even threw poisoned needles at me, it—"

"—HE DID WHAT?!"

Kaiyo's scream made (Y/n) cut herself off, as she turned to face the sniper with a scared expression. Kenma was also surprised by the sudden outburst, mirroring (Y/n)'s actions but instead with narrowed eyes.